Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K wallet has disappeared and I cannot get it back

Blog Entries

Default Re: K wallet has disappeared and I cannot get it back

Quote Originally Posted by jdcart15 View Post
    It seems that I have a combobulation of 4 and 5 together that are all sharing files with plasma, such that I will never be able to get a properly working kwallet without re-installation.
    Well, yes. That's the way that plasma 5 is at present.

I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that your problem was with kwallet5.

If you want to di the same with kwallet4, then:
    Code:
    rm .kde4/share/config/kwalletrc
    rm -rf .kde4/share/apps/kwallet
    Maybe you should remove both kwallet versions at the same time, and then start over with your next plasma login.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

Here is the result you requested. This is after I did the uninstall as instructed by nrickert
    Code:
    ~ # kwalletmanager5
    QStandardPaths: wrong ownership on runtime directory /run/user/0, -2 instead of 0
    Couldn't start kwalletd:  QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildSignaled", "Process org.kde.kwalletd5 received signal 6")
    The kwalletd service is still not registered
    Invalid DBus reply:  QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildSignaled", "Process org.kde.kwalletd5 received signal 6")
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
    Couldn't start kwalletd:  QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildSignaled", "Process org.kde.kwalletd5 received signal 6")
    The kwalletd service is still not registered
    Invalid DBus reply:  QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildSignaled", "Process org.kde.kwalletd5 received signal 6")
    You are trying to run it as root apparently. That won't work!

Run it as user.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    You are trying to run it as root apparently. That won't work!

Run it as user.
    Sorry. It still looks like to me that there is something wrong? How do I fix this?

Code:
    ~> kwalletmanager5
    Pass a valid window to KWallet::Wallet::openWallet().
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
    I appreciate your help. . .thanks

Default AW: Re: K wallet has disappeared and I cannot get it back

Code:
    ~> kwalletmanager5
    Pass a valid window to KWallet::Wallet::openWallet().
    That's the way it looks on my system as well. So kwalletmanager should now be running.

As i already mentioned:

On my system kwalletmanager5 opens and goes straight to the systemtray immediately after its startetd. So there is no open window for kwalletmanager5. You have to search your systemtray for kwalletmanager5. On my system kwalletmanager5 is not shown directly in the systemtray. I have to press the little up arrow "^" on the right hand side of my systemtray to open the window with kwalletmanager5.

Best regards

susejunky

Default Re: AW: Re: K wallet has disappeared and I cannot get it back

Quote Originally Posted by susejunky View Post
    That's the way it looks on my system as well. So kwalletmanager should now be running.

As i already mentioned:

On my system kwalletmanager5 opens and goes straight to the systemtray immediately after its startetd. So there is no open window for kwalletmanager5. You have to search your systemtray for kwalletmanager5. On my system kwalletmanager5 is not shown directly in the systemtray. I have to press the little up arrow "^" on the right hand side of my systemtray to open the window with kwalletmanager5.

Best regards

susejunky
    Thanks for trying to help me with this susejunky.

I know the up arrow in the system tray that you are referring to. The only items that mine have here are Notifications, a disabled Battery and Brightness, Bluetooth, and Printers icons.
    When I try to open the kwalletmanager icon that lists in my application menu, I get the following message in a popup window.

Code:
     KDEInit could not launch 'ksystraycmd':

Could not open library '/usr/lib64/libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd'.
     Cannot load library /usr/lib64/libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd: (/usr/lib64/libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    Furthermore the same error message occurs, that I referred to previously, when I try to install the update openSuse-2015-843 (Recommended Update for kde frameworks 5) that continually resides in my systemtray.

When I try to open the kwalletmanager icon that lists in my application menu, I get the following message in a popup window.

Code:
     KDEInit could not launch 'ksystraycmd':

Could not open library '/usr/lib64/libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd'.
     Cannot load library /usr/lib64/libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd: (/usr/lib64/libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    There is no ksystraycmd in Plasma5, and it should not be used either.

Let me guess. You edited the menu entry at some time and enabled the option "Run in system tray"?
    Disable it again, and/or remove the kwalletmanager.desktop (or similar) file in ~/.local/share/applications/.

To your original problem of kwalletmanager5 not starting: there were problems (fixed recently but not in Leap yet) that it doesn't work correctly/at all if kwallet is disabled (even in KDE4 already).
    So, back to the start: try to remove ~/.config/kwalletrc and ~/.local/share/kwalletd , and kwalletmanager5 should start.
    Or try to enter "Configure Desktop"->"User Account Details"->KDE Wallet and enable it there.

Furthermore the same error message occurs, that I referred to previously, when I try to install the update openSuse-2015-843 (Recommended Update for kde frameworks 5) that continually resides in my systemtray.
    Which "same error message"?
    Last edited by wolfi323; 14-Dec-2015 at 14:50.

Thank you for helping me. ( IMO There is absolutely no way that a computer illiterate person could operate these Linux systems without giving up. . .LOL Microsoft and Apple certainly must feel no threat from Linux to service the general public)

Kwallet is working with Kmail with a newly created GPG key. However, when I open Kwallet manager, the only listed associated application is kwalletmanager5. Why is Kmail not listed in the application? Also the "Contents" folder appears to be empty. Anyway to correct this malfunction? Without this functionality, is there a way to associate other programs with passwords using KWallet?

[QUOTE
    Furthermore the same error message occurs, that I referred to previously, when I try to install the update openSuse-2015-843 (Recommended Update for kde frameworks 5) that continually resides in my systemtray.[/QUOTE]

This is a Software update that probably got incorrectly into my system because of having a wrong repository open. It is an "update that brings KDE frameworks5 to version 5.16.0 and Plasma to 5.4.3" How do I rid myself of this pestering notification?

Blog Entries

Kwallet is working with Kmail with a newly created GPG key. However, when I open Kwallet manager, the only listed associated application is kwalletmanager5. Why is Kmail not listed in the application?
    You have two kwallets, one from version 4 and the other from version 5. I think kmail is still using version 4, so it is accessing a different kwallet from the one seen by kwalletmanager5. Presumably this will all be straightened out when the remaing programs are migrated to plasma 5.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    You have two kwallets, one from version 4 and the other from version 5. I think kmail is still using version 4, so it is accessing a different kwallet from the one seen by kwalletmanager5. Presumably this will all be straightened out when the remaing programs are migrated to plasma 5.
    Right, unfortunately this has not really been thought through completely (by KDE).
    Someone suggested a "fix" for this by making kwalletd5 offer the same DBUS interface as KDE4's kwalletd so that KDE4 applications would use kwalletd5 instead (that's how it is done for kactivitymanagerd), but that never went far unfortunately AFAIK.

For now, I can only suggest to either install kwalletmanager then instead of kwalletmanager5 (we are working on making both co-installable, see http://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=954371).
    Or, you can switch to kmail5 (included in Leap 42.1), which of course does use kwallet5.

When attempting to install kmail5 in Yast, I get the message "nothing provided for libGrantlee-Templates.so.5() 64bit needed by kmail5-15.08" I have the option to break the package by ignoring some of its dependencies. I have no idea if it is safe to go ahead and install Kmail5 without messing something up. Can I go ahead and install Kmail5?

BTW. . . .Software update problem was solved by using online update in Yast.

Thank you all for your help! Very much appreciated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast