systray problemS and lockscreen problem on plasma 5.5

Hi to all.

I’ve hust update my leap to kde 5.5 using the repo of this guide:

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_repositories

• I hope to solve the problem of the blank icons in systray with this update as the changelog of 5.5 say. The problem, for me, is not solve: dropbox or skype icon are still blank in systray. (also have this problem with 5.4.3)

• If i start the lockscreen i need to reboot the machine beacuse i can see only the lookscreen wallpaper but NO windows to input user’s password. (i’ve not this problem with kde 5.4.3!)

• At every reboot the network manager icon in systray is blank (i’ve not this problem with kde 5.4.3!) and i need to remove and readd it for solve.

Every of these problem exist also with a fresh new user.

Some suggest? Thanks you guys, byeeee

Marco

See 953954 – missing icons in tray.

I have an xembed-sni-proxy package with a fix, but you’d better switch back to 5.4.3 to use that, as in 5.5 xembed-sni-proxy is included in Plasma5 itself and I haven’t ported the patch yet.

• At every reboot the network manager icon in systray is blank (i’ve not this problem with kde 5.4.3!) and i need to remove and readd it for solve.

That’s a bug in Qt5.
Will hopefully be fixed in Qt 5.6, unfortunately backporting the fix to the 5.5 packages does not help at all though.
See http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2015-12/msg00133.html

Thanks…i will reply you in the other thread! :wink:

are you using fcitx (IME to input another language)?
For some reason this prevents xembed icons loading in systray.
I switched to ibus as a workaround and now have dropbox and skype icons in systray.

Ok…thanks you…can you explain me how to obtain to? Thanks! :wink:

in yast software manager just search fcitx and uninstall all associated packages
search ibus and select main package and it will drag in all necessary dependencies. You’ll also need to select your ibus language module (for Japanese input I use ibus-kkc)
once installed, launch the ibus daemon to get the icon in systray and then right click > preferences> input method > add
and select your language input.
you’ll then need to log out and back in for everything to start working.

Thanks for your help Mark…but didn’t work.
Fortunally today i turned on machine and update kde5.5 gramework with this weekend’s updates…and now lockscreen and systray icon are ok!!!

The only thing that doesn’t work now is the search…baloo can’t find any files or folder! :frowning:

Thanks!

Hi, I have the same problem with Plasma 5.5.1 and frameworks 5.17 from the Frameworks5 repository and Tumbleweed. File search does not work with milou, but it does in the commandline with with “baloosearch”. Did someone find a solution?

Thanks, Stefan

I’m not sure if this is relevant, but I did have a problem with baloo when I initially updated to the stock Plasma5 in Leap. I solved it by reinitializing Baloo by deleting the index file in ./local/share/baloo, setting initialIndexingDone to false in baloorc in .config, rebooting and letting baloo recreate the index file. Once I did that, Baloo worked normally, including after updating to Plasma 5.5 in the Frameworks5 repository.