YaST2 Software Manager is not saving my settings

Hello, for example I tried changing the “Cleanup when deleting packages” and “Allow vendor change” from YaST’s Software Manager but these are not saved.

Does anyone know if there’s a bug report about this? I just performed a clean install of openSUSE Leap 42.1 a few days ago.

Thanks.

I am not sure why they do not stick, but specialy the last one seems to be dangerous to me to have on all the time for everything. I you sure that is what you want. Vendor stickyness is a very important way to keep you software packages consistent over updating.

Right, and therefore those settings are not saved on purpose.
See here: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-bugs/2015-11/msg04322.html

You can permanently set them in /etc/zypp/zypp.conf if you really want, this will apply to YaST and zypper then (and even your desktop’s updater).

As I guessed. The OP might want to explain why he wants to set those. It is possible he has some misconceptions here.

So, this two settings are not saved on purpose? why?

I don’t use “Allow vendor change” I tried just for testing, but I do use “Cleanup when deleting packages”.

I understand that allowing vendor change is potentially dangerous, I don’t use it I tried just for testing.
Now I’m curious if the cleanup when deleting has any unwanted side effects.

Read the link I posted, and/or ask the developers…

I don’t use “Allow vendor change” I tried just for testing, but I do use “Cleanup when deleting packages”.

As I wrote, you can permanently enable both in /etc/zypp/zypp.conf if you prefer.