Thread: Skype

Default Skype

I just installed 42.1 today and everything seems to be working well, with the exception of the skype installation.
    I followed the instructions here but with no luck.

The install seems to have worked and skype shows up in the launcher window, but when I click on it nothing happens. I've tried with and without the wrapper script with the same results. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Skype

Quote Originally Posted by z2 View Post
    I just installed 42.1 today and everything seems to be working well, with the exception of the skype installation.
    I followed the instructions here but with no luck.

The install seems to have worked and skype shows up in the launcher window, but when I click on it nothing happens. I've tried with and without the wrapper script with the same results. Any thoughts?
    when I installed skype I simply installed the rpm without having to make additional changes and it worked right off.
    What happens if you run skype from terminal? what message does it give you?

Code:
    openSUSE Leap 15.1 / Plasma 5.12

Skype is 32 bit and so needs 32 bit libraries which you may need to install. In a console run skype this will tell you the reason for the errors. Install the 32 bit versions of the libraries it reports as missing

Ok, thanks. Turns out I was missing the Mesa-libGL1-32bit libraries. That fixed the problem.