Thread: libreoffice does not start at all - in opensuse 13-2 - what can i do ?

Default libreoffice does not start at all - in opensuse 13-2 - what can i do ?

hello dear linux-experts,

libreoffice does not start at all - in opensuse 13-2 - what can i do?

this behavior allmost drives me nuts!

plz advice - CAN i start this with the commandline - or can i find out some more details with the commandline!?`
    dilbert ;-)
    Wordpress-development - a Toolset: wpgear.org

Default Re: libreoffice does not start at all - in opensuse 13-2 - what can i do ?

Quote Originally Posted by dilbertone View Post
    libreoffice does not start at all - in opensuse 13-2 - what can i do?
    And what LibreOffice version did you install how from where?

The 13.2 packages work fine here...

plz advice - CAN i start this with the commandline - or can i find out some more details with the commandline!?`
    Yes.
    Code:
    libreoffice
    or
    Code:
    loffice
    or something like
    Code:
    lowriter
    Also try with a fresh user account maybe or rename ~/.config/libreoffice, to rule out a problem with the configuration.

Default Re: libreoffice does not start at all - in opensuse 13-2 - what can i do ?

hello dear wolfi

linux-a9sq:/home/martin # soffice -version
    Warning: -version is deprecated. Use --version instead.
    LibreOffice 4.3.7.2 430m0(Build:2)

linux-a9sq:/home/martin #
    installed it with the version 13.2
    dilbert ;-)
    Wordpress-development - a Toolset: wpgear.org

Quote Originally Posted by dilbertone View Post
    installed it with the version 13.2
    So you are using the standard packages from the 13.2 update repo, right?
    As mentioned they work fine here.

So, how are you trying to start it? Did you create a custom launcher/menu entry or are you using the standard one?
    What exactly happens when you try to start it?
    Run "libreoffice" in a terminal window (as user, not root) and post the output.

And what desktop are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    What exactly happens when you try to start it?
    I continually struggle to decide whether dilbertone is genuine or a determined,if benign, troll; especially with the comic strip user name and language used. Considering the number of threads started it is amazing that the pertinent information is withheld for solong.

I regularly come across this symptom from a user prone to "fiddling" and who ccan never remember what they did. The user created their own widgets/icons by right-clicking on the menu favouritesicon and selecting "Add to Panel" or "Add to Desktop". After an update their widget might no longer point to the installed application, but to the olddeleted one. The KDE Application Menu gets updated with the application; however the user never tries that and always complains that the application is broken. So every few months they get talked through unlocking widgets, removing the broken widget,and relocking widgets.
    ms can
    Oddly enough unlocking widgets etc. is always remembered concurrently with the urge to fiddle. Items can be added to and removed from the default panel "as a Launcher" even with widgets locked.
    ~Thank you for sharing an interesting problem.
    --
    slàinte mhath,
    rayH