Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: 20151124 snapshot has seriously broken the use of Oxygen Icons

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    1,263

    Default Re: 20151124 snapshot has seriously broken the use of Oxygen Icons

    Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    Back to the original Icon problem, I've now filed a bug report:
    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=356064
    and will see what the outcome of that is.
    Not a lot it would seem...

    One other person at least is also seeing this and has added to the report:
    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=356064#c3

    A "sledgehammer" solution I'm using for the moment is:
    set 'breeze5-icons' as 'Protected -- Do Not Modify'
    then in '/usr/share/icons' replace the breeze5 icon set with a dummy set containing no icons.

    <cynical mode>
    I'm sure if this was a case of breeze icons having a few oxygen icons showing, then it would be fixed asap...
    </cynical mode>
    Regards, Paul

    2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20191012) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,824
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: 20151124 snapshot has seriously broken the use of Oxygen Icons

    Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    Not a lot it would seem...

    One other person at least is also seeing this and has added to the report:
    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=356064#c3

    A "sledgehammer" solution I'm using for the moment is:
    set 'breeze5-icons' as 'Protected -- Do Not Modify'
    then in '/usr/share/icons' replace the breeze5 icon set with a dummy set containing no icons.

    <cynical mode>
    I'm sure if this was a case of breeze icons having a few oxygen icons showing, then it would be fixed asap...
    </cynical mode>
    Hi
    I see 20151216 is out...
    http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-f.../msg00263.html

    - breeze5-icons from 5.4.3 to 5.16.0....
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    1,263

    Default Re: 20151124 snapshot has seriously broken the use of Oxygen Icons

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    I see 20151216 is out...
    http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-f.../msg00263.html

    - breeze5-icons from 5.4.3 to 5.16.0....
    Relevance?

    This is not caused by the icon set itself though. It is almost as if 'something' (that displays the icons) is hard coded to use breeze, ignoring the user set icon theme.
    Regards, Paul

    2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20191012) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,824
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: 20151124 snapshot has seriously broken the use of Oxygen Icons

    Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    Relevance?

    This is not caused by the icon set itself though. It is almost as if 'something' (that displays the icons) is hard coded to use breeze, ignoring the user set icon theme.
    Hi
    Ahh ok, seemed like a big 'Leap' in versions.... Tumbleweed rocks along since the original posted version and the current release.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    1,263

    Default Re: 20151124 snapshot has seriously broken the use of Oxygen Icons

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Tumbleweed rocks along since the original posted version and the current release.
    Yeah! ... and it's pushed quite a few of my Oxygen icons into the long grass ... 'breeze rules' ... it's 'beautiful' ... sorry, been a long day and my patience is wearing very thin...
    Regards, Paul

    2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20191012) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •