Thread: Russian text on some menu items

Default Russian text on some menu items

Hello,

I got a strange problem after I tried installing swedish language packages. Some of the menu items have russian texts. See pic. http://imgur.com/uPd2sN8

Also some applications in the program menu seem to have the same kind of problem. When I start them though everything seems to be in the correct language. Tried setting everything to Brittish English in Yast and in KDEs system settings but to no avail. I searched for 'cyrillic' and '-ru' but there doesnt seem to be any such packages installed.

Tips on what to check?

Cheers,
    Martin

Default Re: Russian text on some menu items

There is a problem with Swedish packages. I think it is reported in bugzill can't say when it will befixed

Default Re: Russian text on some menu items

My first post

linux 4.1.15-8-default #1 SMP PREEMPT / LEAP 42.1

Hi,

I do see a similar behavior on my german 42.1 LEAP - so much for fixed ...

For no reason some of the programs appear in russian
    or will be installed in russian language. So far I have not been able to debug this.

My system is german / english - the updater packagekit and systemd (journal systemd in yast are in russian).

For no reason zypper seems to install russian as a default language for new programs. Quiet annoying.

How to fix this?

Cheers
    hastagger

P.S.: LEAP has quiet a few issues (fat bugs) and I am starting to regret this move from 13.2
    - language bug in programs
    - grub2 bugs when setting default OS (works only after a bunch of tries)
    - boot with vga=parameter cause a few computer not to startx
    - AMD graphics - still annoying (at present battling with crimson driver for R9 380 - crashing the system big time!)
    - ..and so on .... Long list here,