Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: R program needed

  1. #1

    Default R program needed

    Hello:

    I am trying to install R programing language in my computer from:

    https://cran.r-project.org/
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...s:/R:/patched/

    However, I noticed that there is no any repository for the Leap 42.1. I am just wondering, could anybody add it for the Leap 42.1?

    thanks a lot

    Albert

  2. #2

    Default Re: R program needed

    Quote Originally Posted by albumns View Post
    However, I noticed that there is no any repository for the Leap 42.1. I am just wondering, could anybody add it for the Leap 42.1?
    R is included in Leap itself, the package is called R-base.

    Or do you really need R-patched from that repository you mentioned? I don't even know what that is (although it just seems to be a version with the latest patches from upstream)...

    If yes, you could ask the maintainer to add a Leap 42.1 repo, see here:
    https://build.opensuse.org/project/u...ages:R:patched

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: R program needed

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    R is included in Leap itself, the package is called R-base.

    Or do you really need R-patched from that repository you mentioned? I don't even know what that is (although it just seems to be a version with the latest patches from upstream)...

    If yes, you could ask the maintainer to add a Leap 42.1 repo, see here:
    https://build.opensuse.org/project/u...ages:R:patched


    Hi,

    I also have a bit trouble getting R and RStudio to run, but I have to admit I am new to openSuse.

    So, I installed openSuse Leap and I thought R was already included.
    I didnt find it in YaST packet manager so I installed it per "1-click" from this link.
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/R-base

    R works from the konsole but I think something went wrong:

    1.)
    After the installation I was looking for R in the YaST package manager under the cathegory where all the other languages (python, java...) are.
    I didn't find it there. Later I realized it was somewhere in a little subcategory under "Math" (far down the list).

    2.)
    Afterwards I installed RStudio via YaST (didnt find R in YaST but RStudio...). When I run RStudio from Krunner the little RStudio icon appears but then nothing happens.
    If I try to run it from the konsole, nothing happens at all.


    Any suggestions what went wrong?

    Best Regards
    Marc

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: R program needed

    I'm not sure what's the difference between the patched and released version, did you try this repo for LEAP
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_42.1/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: R program needed

    Quote Originally Posted by mrc View Post
    Hi,

    I also have a bit trouble getting R and RStudio to run, but I have to admit I am new to openSuse.

    So, I installed openSuse Leap and I thought R was already included.
    I didnt find it in YaST packet manager so I installed it per "1-click" from this link.
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/R-base

    R works from the konsole but I think something went wrong:

    1.)
    After the installation I was looking for R in the YaST package manager under the cathegory where all the other languages (python, java...) are.
    I didn't find it there. Later I realized it was somewhere in a little subcategory under "Math" (far down the list).

    2.)
    Afterwards I installed RStudio via YaST (didnt find R in YaST but RStudio...). When I run RStudio from Krunner the little RStudio icon appears but then nothing happens.
    If I try to run it from the konsole, nothing happens at all.


    Any suggestions what went wrong?

    Best Regards
    Marc


    Sorry for post. Got the problem now.

    rstudio which was shown in YaST probably was an older version.
    I went to the RStudio website and downloaded the .rpm from there.
    Everything works fine now.

    Best
    Marc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •