Thread: Just a small leap question

Default Just a small leap question

Last night I took the time to download Leap. But, between last night and this morning I have done some pondering on the subject.
    Based on everyday reading I am reaching the conclusion that Leap is still in the test stage. Am I correct in my assumption.
    Mike

AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)
    KDE: 4.10, ATI Radeon HD Graphics

Default Re: Just a small leap question

Quote Originally Posted by mike7757 View Post
    Based on everyday reading I am reaching the conclusion that Leap is still in the test stage. Am I correct in my assumption.
    No.
    The final release has been officially published on November, 4th.

That doesn't mean that it can't have bugs though, and not all of them might have been found/reported yet either. But bugfix and security updates will continuously be released like with any other openSUSE version before.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    No.
    The final release has been officially published on November, 4th.

That doesn't mean that it can't have bugs though, and not all of them might have been found/reported yet either. But bugfix and security updates will continuously be released like with any other openSUSE version before.
    When the bug chatter slows down to a crawl then maybe i will install.

Thanks
    Mike

AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)
    KDE: 4.10, ATI Radeon HD Graphics

LEAP isn't in test phase. The only area I have come across where there are minor problems is Plasma 5. If you are using GNOME or any other desktop you will avoid those and, even if you are using KDE, these don't hamper the overwhelming majority of things you might want to do.