Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OpenSUSE 42 - KDE App Swedish translation

Question OpenSUSE 42 - KDE App Swedish translation

Hej!

I recently installed OpenSUSE 42 on my desktop. In the setup I chose Swedish as main language. After installation the menus seems to be a bit messed up :-)

We indeed have some funny letters here in Sweden (åäö), but no Cyrillic script. I don't know if it is an OpenSUSE or KDE problem, but if I can help with translation i some way I gladly will.

/Jonas Svensson

Default Re: OpenSUSE 42 - KDE App Swedish translation

Quote Originally Posted by piano_jonas View Post
    Hej!

I recently installed OpenSUSE 42 on my desktop. In the setup I chose Swedish as main language. After installation the menus seems to be a bit messed up :-)

We indeed have some funny letters here in Sweden (åäö), but no Cyrillic script. I don't know if it is an OpenSUSE or KDE problem, but if I can help with translation i some way I gladly will.

/Jonas Svensson
    Hej (Hi) Jonas!

I had the same problems in a fresh RC1 (I think) between English as system language and Swedish local settings (like clock, currency etc), the solution was to run a couple of zypper dup in a konsole.

Good luck (lycka till).

regards
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

I have a similar issue but instead of a Serbian locale Plasma 5 is giving me Arabic as a second language and I'm no where near the middle east and I can't seam to remove the unwanted language?
    I think you should go in yast and uninstall any Serbian or sr packages and install Swedish ones.

edit I think this is a yast issue as kde-l10n-ar seams to be installed on my machine while I don't remember checking it.

Thanks for your replies, but this seems to be a nasty bug...

zypper dup didn't help

No other language packages are installed on the system.

I switched to American English in yast and kde and removed the Swedish packages. Now everything looked fine, but in English of course. After that I reinstalled the Swedish package, but still the Cyrillic script in start menu.

I found the same kind of error in Yast to:

Strange.

/jonas

that's not just a script it's a language it could be that someone mixed up the Serbian i18 with the Swedish ones?
    maybe if you install Serbian you'll get Swedish.
    Can another Swedish user conform this if it's true the Swedish i18's need replacing.

the strangest part of your bug seams that your system is a mix between Serb and Swede so some of the locale's are fine this looks like a packaging error.

this is a bugzilla moment
    https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    this is a bugzilla moment
    Bugzilla moment sounds exciting :-) . Anything I should do? I'm a total newbie on those things...

thanks
    /jonas

Keep it clear and as short as possible just the facts nothing but the facts.

No need to bug report :-) - the problem are known but not yet solved. https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=953643

The name of the language package are almost the same - sv for Sweden and se for Serbia. Probably somebody have mixed it all up.

/jonas

Quote Originally Posted by piano_jonas View Post
    The name of the language package are almost the same - sv for Sweden and se for Serbia. Probably somebody have mixed it all up.
    Yeah, some*body* or some*thing*...

Those translations are part of the package desktop-translations.
    And the sv file (/usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/desktop-translations.po) does indeed contain a mixture of swedish and something cyrillic...

If you uninstall that package (or delete that file), you should get english entries at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast