Thread: New leap final installation on laptop. On each login get twice Kwalletmigration agent asking for pa

Default New leap final installation on laptop. On each login get twice Kwalletmigration agent asking for pa

Hello,

On the new install of Leap 42.1 on my Medion laptop, I get after every sucessfull login 2 times the same KWallet migration agent popup asking for password, before I get the popup "KDE5 asked to open the wallet" for the wireless internet connection. After entering my wallet password on all 3 popups the wireless connection starts working and everyting works as expected.

I do not understand why I get those 2 popups and how I can eliminate them.

Regards, Frans

Blog Entries

Default Re: New leap final installation on laptop. On each login get twice Kwalletmigration agent asking fo

I had that problem on one of my computers. So I looked at another one where I was not having the problem, to see what was the difference.

Here's how to fix it. Insert the following three lines:
    Code:
    [Migration]
    alreadyMigrated=true
    at the top of "$HOME/.config/kwalletrc".

That's simple text file. Use a simple text editor. I used "vi" (really "vim"), but "joe" or "nano" or other simple text editor should be fine.

It's probably a KDE bug, that this problem is sometimes happening. But I did not try to report the bug. I just "fixed" it for my system with the addition of those three lines (yes, the third of those lines is blank (empty).
    opensuse Leap 42.3 beta; KDE Plasma 5;
    opensuse tumbleweed; KDE Plasma 5 (test system);

Default Re: New leap final installation on laptop. On each login get twice Kwalletmigration agent asking fo

Thanks for your reply.

I applied it and the problem is now solved

Regards, Frans

That worked for me, too. Much appreciated. For what it's worth, my ~/.config/kwalletrc looks like this now:

Code:
    [Migration]
    alreadyMigrated=true

[Wallet]
    First Use=false

Is this a way of opensuse to tell its users to go away and use a system that does not have such an amazingly stupid "feature"?

I did a "fresh" Leap 42.1 installation but without modifying the /home partition and keeping the previous users from OpenSUSE 13.2 64bits.
    I got the same phenomenon.

The proposed solution worked for my configuration.

Thanks for your help.
    Patrice (from France)

Default Re: New leap final installation on laptop. On each login get twice Kwalletmigration agent askin

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgangcramer View Post
    Is this a way of opensuse to tell its users to go away and use a system that does not have such an amazingly stupid "feature"?
    This is a general KDE problem, and nothing openSUSE specific.