Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LEAP automatic software updater

Default Re: LEAP automatic software updater

Over the course of the weekend, the systray updater went from zero updates to two, to fifteen, and is now at twenty with one security update. Despite being set to check monthly, it's obviously checking multiple times a day. And to be clear, this was with no reboots, logouts, or uses of zypper.

And yes, I got an hourly nag beginning Saturday afternoon when it first started showing two non-security updates.

• " title="Angry" border="">

So I'll try uninstalling plasma5-pk-updates. If that doesn't make the hourly notifications stop, I'm going to be really annoyed.

Default Re: LEAP automatic software updater

Quote Originally Posted by StevenKarp View Post
    Over the course of the weekend, the systray updater went from zero updates to two, to fifteen, and is now at twenty with one security update. Despite being set to check monthly, it's obviously checking multiple times a day. And to be clear, this was with no reboots, logouts, or uses of zypper.
    Yes, sounds about right on booting Leap earlier today there were some more from Packman and a couple from openSUSE (one security, and a recommended one). I've not seen the hourly nag, maybe because I usually install the batch upon notification. That isn't the case on Tumbleweed, nor is any hourly nagging from updater notifications.

I might try a weekly setting for testing, but monthly - forget it. It's quite possible nobody tested those settings before on Leap, and it's not easy to do that before release.

So I'll try uninstalling plasma5-pk-updates.
    Makes sense with your type of workflow.
    Leap 42.3 (ext4, KDE Plasma 5.8.7) ~ stable
    Manjaro (ext4, Xfce) ~ rolling updates
    Tumbleweed (ext4, KDE Plasma5) ~ managed updates via "Tumbleweed Snapshots" service.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345