Thread: android phone mtp can't access folders

Default android phone mtp can't access folders

I seem to be having a nightmare with Leap as far as connecting to my phone goes.
    I've been unable to access folders via kdeconnect so got my usb cable out and connected it up.
    Device is detected so I select "open with file manager" but after a short period of time get a popup stating in excellent grammar "No storages found. Maybe you need to unlock your device"

well I get the same message whether my phone is locked or unlocked.

Definitely no issue with the phone as I can get straight into file browsing via mtp in openSUSE 13.2, win10 and Linuxmint.

Any suggestions welcome.

Default Re: android phone mtp can't access folders

well I managed to work this one out.
    On the phone I need change from "charging only" to "mtp" in the notification area once the phone is connected.
    I'm not sure why it isn't negotiating it automatically but at least I can now access my phone's folders.

Quote Originally Posted by farcusnz View Post
    well I managed to work this one out.
    On the phone I need change from "charging only" to "mtp" in the notification area once the phone is connected.
    I'm not sure why it isn't negotiating it automatically but at least I can now access my phone's folders.
    LOL, I only just resolved this issue myself yesterday. I had upgraded to Android marshmellow last month sometime, nearly the same time that Plasma 5.4 updates/upgrades hit Tumbleweed and were applied to my systems. I've been having several KDE issues since that time and initially suspected KDE (or Dolphin specifically) as the culprit to my connection to my phone problem. Turns out that its because of a change to the default Android behaviour ... which actually makes sense. See the following (which is precisely the bread crumb trail I went down before I got the "ahh, I see" moment):

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_K View Post
    LOL, I only just resolved this issue myself yesterday. I had upgraded to Android marshmellow last month sometime, nearly the same time that Plasma 5.4 updates/upgrades hit Tumbleweed and were applied to my systems. I've been having several KDE issues since that time and initially suspected KDE (or Dolphin specifically) as the culprit to my connection to my phone problem. Turns out that its because of a change to the default Android behaviour ... which actually makes sense. See the following (which is precisely the bread crumb trail I went down before I got the "ahh, I see" moment):
    Yeah - I immediately jumped to plasma 5 fault because of the connection issues I have been having with kdeconnect-kde5 (can't browse files - everything else works ok) and the problem was so similar. All good now via usb - still can't get kdeconnect working though.