Thread: OPENGL IN KDE ENVIRONMENT AND WITH ATI DRIVER

Default OPENGL IN KDE ENVIRONMENT AND WITH ATI DRIVER

Hi,

I have following output about graphics card on a laptop, on which I have recently installed OpenSuse, I am relatively novice to Opensuse, have previous experience of linux

/sbin/lspci -nnk | grep VGA -A2
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0116] (rev 09)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device [103c:1670]
    Kernel driver in use: i915
    --
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Seymour [Radeon HD 6400M/7400M Series] [1002:6760] (rev ff)
    Kernel driver in use: radeon
    Kernel modules: radeon

Based on this I have installed ATI's 64 bit linux driver for Opengl and I should be able to check OpenGL version with 'glxinfo' (based on net search).

But the problem I am facing is glxinfo command is not found. The second is a GL directory with gl.h. and glu.h should also exist, which is not in my case; and am not able to compile previous OpenGL programs I have. Though I can find libGL and libGLU.

Am I doing some mistake in driver installation. Also, do I need to blacklist some other existing graphics driver.

My first aim is to sort OpenGL and then GTK GUI library. Though I can find out libraries for GTK but am not able to find header files.

I am working under KDE environment. Any help would be helpful.

Thanks

Apurva

Default Re: OPENGL IN KDE ENVIRONMENT AND WITH ATI DRIVER

Quote Originally Posted by apoorv28 View Post
    Based on this I have installed ATI's 64 bit linux driver for Opengl and I should be able to check OpenGL version with 'glxinfo' (based on net search).

But the problem I am facing is glxinfo command is not found.
    glxinfo is in the package Mesa-demo-x, install that.
    But AFAIK fglrx comes with its own version, fglrxinfo...

My first aim is to sort OpenGL and then GTK GUI library. Though I can find out libraries for GTK but am not able to find header files.
    The header files for GTK (3) are in gtk3-devel. If you want to use GTK2, install gtk2-devel.
    In general, the header files and link libraries are in a package xxx-devel in openSUSE.

No idea about whether fglrx provides own OpenGL header files or not, but you could try to install Mesa-devel, Mesa-libGL-devel and so on.

Default Re: OPENGL IN KDE ENVIRONMENT AND WITH ATI DRIVER

Thanks, I was able to compile Opengl example with GLFW.