Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gnome Shell crashes on login with "Oh no! Something went wrong." message.

Default Gnome Shell crashes on login with "Oh no! Something went wrong." message.

Every time I log in to Gnome Shell session I get "Oh no! Something went wrong." message. After the message disappears everything works fine. This is happening since first boot after I installed Leap (I did clean install, not an upgrade).
    Journalctl shows there's some problem with pulseaudio, presumably it is started twice - once by gdm and then by gnome-shell. Pulseaudio errors appear on every login.
    Journald messages: http://pastebin.com/Vg4PpRwU

Default Re: Gnome Shell crashes on login with "Oh no! Something went wrong." message.

I don't know how to edit my post, but anyways here's better journald log (run with root privileges): http://pastebin.com/g3PxKirb

Default Re: Gnome Shell crashes on login with "Oh no! Something went wrong." message.

That message is typically seen if the openGL is not running. This happens if you install proprietary driver and it fails for some reason. This is because the proprietary drivers tend to modify the X stack and that makes openGL to fail.

So Video/driver????

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    That message is typically seen if the openGL is not running. This happens if you install proprietary driver and it fails for some reason. This is because the proprietary drivers tend to modify the X stack and that makes openGL to fail.

So Video/driver????
    Intel HD 4600 / xf86-video-intel, i915

Need to look at the /var/log/xorg.0.log and see if it can shed any light of why a less capable driver is being used

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Need to look at the /var/log/xorg.0.log and see if it can shed any light of why a less capable driver is being used
    There's no such file on my sytstem.

Code:
    sudo find / -type f -iname "xorg.*.log"
    doesn't show anything

How about /var/log/Xorg.0.log

I miss typed

Code:
    /var/log/Xorg.0.log: No such file or directory
    The *find* command would've found it.

Hi,

I was going the same problem here.

So, reinstall ucode-intel:

# zypper in -f ucode-intel

And the problem disappear, so far.

Reinstalling ucode-intel doesn't help here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast