Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Gnome extensions not working

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Murcia, Spain
    Posts
    38

    Default Gnome extensions not working

    Hi all, I upgraded yesterday to Suse 42. I use Gnome 3.16, but for some reason I can not unstall extensions. When I go to https://extensions.gnome.org/ I get a banner warning that states "We cannot detect a running copy of GNOME on this system, so some parts of the interface may be disabled. See our troubleshooting entry for more information" Of course I'm writtin gthis because nothing I tried worked.

    Anyone else having issues with Gnome 3.16 on Suse 42? Any idea how to debug this?

    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,846
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Gnome extensions not working

    Hi
    Is the gnome-shell-browser-plugin at version 3.16.4?

    How did you upgrade and from what?

    You didn't see the popup to allow the extensions web site?

    If you check the browser plugins, the Gnome shell integration one is present?

    If at the extensions web site and got to the about tab, do you extensions need upgrading (or via the tweak tool)?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Gnome extensions not working

    On the site of Gnome shell extensions you should turn the Ghostery extension of , as well as uBlock or adblock plus, as they block sending any information about your computer including the OS you use, Linux kernel version, Desktop Envoirment (DE) and the version of the DE.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Murcia, Spain
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Gnome extensions not working

    Hi, sorry for the late response. I'm not getting reply notifications. I have to check that.

    I have the right plugin installed, and not Adblock. But I was using Chrome. Just now, and by chance, I found where the issue comes from. It looks like Chrome does not support the plugins framework used by Gnome any more. So I'm afraid this is a problem without solution (despite using Firefox, which was my workarround anyway).

    http://unix.stackexchange.com/questi...me-not-working

    Thanks for the replies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •