Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applications missing

Default Applications missing

Under YAST, when loading applications, for example, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Chromium, Krusader and a few others, it shows the rpms ran, but they are not in the Application menus. Is this a problem that has been identified.

Also, is this for testing only or are we in the Release Candidate 2, headed for the Grand Master Release?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Applications missing

I am seeing "chromium", "Thunderbird" and "SeaMonkey" in menus here (for Plasma 5). I don't have Crusader installed.

You have not said which desktop you are using, nor what menus you are checking.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

Using Leap 42.1, Plasma 5 and KDE desktop. Chromium and SeaMonkey should be in Internet menu, they are not, Yast shows they installed with a check mark in Black Square. Thunderbird should also be in Internet section, but is not.

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    I am seeing "chromium", "Thunderbird" and "SeaMonkey" in menus here (for Plasma 5). I don't have Crusader installed.

You have not said which desktop you are using, nor what menus you are checking.

I have the same problem when installing applications from Packman repository. The rpm is installed but it doesn't appear in the launcher, by example: vlc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cherock1254 View Post
    Using Leap 42.1, Plasma 5 and KDE desktop. Chromium and SeaMonkey should be in Internet menu, they are not, Yast shows they installed with a check mark in Black Square. Thunderbird should also be in Internet section, but is not.
    Okay.

I'll admit that I am not using the standard menu. Following a suggestion by wolfi, I did:
    Code:
    # cd /etc/xdg/menus
    # cp applications.menu  kf5-applications.menu
    I did this because I prefer the multi-level structured menu that we had with KDE4. But that might also be the difference as to why I am seeing those applications and you are not seeing them.
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

maybe log out and back in possible the menu is not updated on install and needs refreshed. Was common on older versions also

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    maybe log out and back in possible the menu is not updated on install and needs refreshed. Was common on older versions also
    I tried that.

Also, is this for testing only or are we in the Release Candidate 2, headed for the Grand Master Release?
    Leap was out officially on Wednesday past (November 4).
    "Making rich people richer doesn't make the rest of us richer." Ha-Joon Chang
    openSUSE 15.1 4.12.14-lp151.28.16-default x64

Quote Originally Posted by kerijan2003 View Post
    Leap was out officially on Wednesday past (November 4).
    Well, I finally found the applications that I installed from KDE 5, Plasma 5, they are in ICEVM desktop, not the KDE5 Plasma 5 desktop. Not where I wanted them installed. This is a problem for sure.

Blog Entries

Well, I finally found the applications that I installed from KDE 5, Plasma 5, they are in ICEVM desktop, not the KDE5 Plasma 5 desktop. Not where I wanted them installed. This is a problem for sure.
    They should also be available in Plasma 5.

It looks as if the menu you are using is cached, and has not been updated from the cached values. It will probably update by itself in a few days. I think there's a command to force that, but I don't remember what it is.
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast