Thread: Error updating with terminal

Question Error updating with terminal

Hello. I am a newbie OpenSUSE user (I like this distro a lot so far) so please be clear and precise with me . I just recently did a fresh install of Leap 42.1. When I tried to update my system via terminal (what I do after fresh installs) I get this error:

Empty destination in URI: hd:///?device=/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-20001020000060804-part2

Can someone help me with this? I don't know what to do... I think this has to do with my GNOME software center not working also. Because when I open it, I can't search for any applications or anything. It is acting like it is offline.

NOTE: I think that this has to do with this. On installation, I just skipped activating my wifi card and connecting to a network since I didn't know how it worked. The installation thingy asked me if I was sure that I didn't want to enable the online repositories. So...how do I enable them? Does this have to do with my terminal error and the fact that GNOME software center isn't working? Thanks for anyone's help!

Default Re: Error updating with terminal

that's the install device you used, you can disable it or remove it or put in the DVD.
    you can remove it with yast or zypper, for zypper
    Code:
    zypper rr hd:///?device=/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-20001020000060804-part2

Default Re: Error updating with terminal

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    that's the install device you used, you can disable it or remove it or put in the DVD.
    you can remove it with yast or zypper, for zypper
    Code:
    zypper rr hd:///?device=/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-20001020000060804-part2
    Thanks for the quick reply! That worked. Now everything works. I can update and use GNOME software center. Thanks for your help!