I've been having this problem for a while now, though I can't remember when precisely it started as at the time I wasn't using PlayOnLinux except for two games and I hadn't been playing either all that often. This afternoon, though, I wanted to use PoL again and so I'm trying to get the problem sorted out.

When lauching PoL from the icon, the program appears briefly in the taskbar, the loading "bouncy icon" pops up next to my cursor for a moment, and then it just shuts off. Launching from the terminal gives some more details, but I can't seen to pinpoint for the life of me exactly what is causing the issue. Here is the terminal output when attempting to launch PlayOnLinux:

Code:
Looking for python... 2.7.8 - wxversion(s): 3.0-gtk2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/playonlinux/python/check_python.py", line 7, in <module>
    import wx
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/wx-3.0-gtk2/wx/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
    from wx._core import *
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/wx-3.0-gtk2/wx/_core.py", line 4, in <module>
    import _core_
ImportError: /usr/lib64/libEGL.so.1: undefined symbol: drmGetNodeTypeFromFd
failed tests
Looking for python2.7... 2.7.8 - wxversion(s): 3.0-gtk2
    import wx
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/wx-3.0-gtk2/wx/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
    from wx._core import *
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/wx-3.0-gtk2/wx/_core.py", line 4, in <module>
    import _core_
failed tests
Looking for python2.6... which: no python2.6 in (...)

Looking for python2... 2.7.8 - wxversion(s): 3.0-gtk2
    import wx
    from wx._core import *
    import _core_
failed tests
Please install python before trying to run this program
I ran the usual checks:

• python-wxWidgets-3_0 is installed and up-to-daye (version 3.0.1.1, 64-bit, from the vendor openSUSE repo)
  • python is installed (version 2.7.8, from the vendor openSUSE repo)
  • PlayOnLinux is installed (obviously, I guess - version 4.2.9, noarch, from the vendor build.opensuse.org/games:tools repo)

I also ran python from the terminal to double check things there, and everything seems to run fine.

In case it is relevant, I'm running openSUSE 13.2 64-bit and KDE version 4.14.9.

My assumption is that the line "ImportError: /usr/lib64/libEGL.so.1: undefined symbol: drmGetNodeTypeFromFd" is the issue, but I'll be frank and so I have no idea what that actually means and can't seem to be able to find out. There wasn't much help on the PlayOnLinux forms except for someone who seemed to have a similar problem a while back, but said only that "I got help on the openSUSE forms" and offered no link or explanation as to what help he got (and I couldn't seem to come up with anything searching here, obviously, or I wouldn't bother with the post).

Any help with this is greatly appreciated, folks! Thanks in advance.