Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TeamViewer

Default TeamViewer

Hi,

sorry if it is already here but I was not able to find it.
    I installed Tumbleweed, all 0K. But am not able to install teamviewer.
    I tried:
    - download from their website - I get packer error canceled by user
    - install from yast - again an error
    I tried to get the standalone version (.tar.gz or whatever) and check the dependencies - I got an expected problem - I don't have the requested 32bit libraries. But I'm not able to get them from the repositories of Tumbleweed.

Then I tried to use the Ubuntu package but was not able to install it.

My level of understanding of Linux would be user, so, please, don't kill me with "compile it yourself" or sth like that..

Thank you!
    La vie est une cerise La mort est un noyau L'amour un cerisier.

Blog Entries

Default Re: TeamViewer

I downloaded from this page on their website
    https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/linux.aspx
    and attempted to install it as an upgrade for my earlier installation of an earlier version (about 6 months ago) in my Tumbleweed operating system.

Their current version is teamviewer_10.0.46203.i686.rpm. I can confirm that it is technically broken. The "key" in the header has been left out. Being adventurous, I forced the upgrade to complete. It works anyway.

[don't take that as a recommendation it's just me recounting what happened].
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1(Beta) &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Thank you, swerdna. Could you, please, be more specific; how do I do this / or is there a guide somewhere to what the key in the header means actually.

The key is a security device that says the files is what it reports to be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sudanec View Post
    Thank you, swerdna. Could you, please, be more specific; how do I do this / or is there a guide somewhere to what the key in the header means actually.
    You can put the RPM in a folder e.g. make it called e.g. RPMs and put it somewhere e.g. my name is john so I put it at /home/john/RPMs then go to Yast ==> Software ==> Software repositories ==> Add ==> Local directory ==> Next ==> put this in "path to directory:" /home/john/RPMs and tick Plain RPM directory and give it a Repository name e.g. MyRPMs ==> Next.

Then go to yast ==> Software ==> Software management ==> in the search enter teamviewer ==> it will appear so tick it and proceed. The yast will grumble but tell it to go ahead anyway. Voila! (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by swerdna View Post
    You can put the RPM in a folder e.g. make it called e.g. RPMs and put it somewhere e.g. my name is john so I put it at /home/john/RPMs then go to Yast ==> Software ==> Software repositories ==> Add ==> Local directory ==> Next ==> put this in "path to directory:" /home/john/RPMs and tick Plain RPM directory and give it a Repository name e.g. MyRPMs ==> Next.

Then go to yast ==> Software ==> Software management ==> in the search enter teamviewer ==> it will appear so tick it and proceed. The yast will grumble but tell it to go ahead anyway. Voila! (hopefully).
    Thank you.
    I managed to add it as a repo for yast. But it does not install (does not report a problem with a key, problem with dependencies..).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sudanec View Post
    Thank you.
    I managed to add it as a repo for yast. But it does not install (does not report a problem with a key, problem with dependencies..).
    That's another matter. Not an issue with "key".

So now we should look at the repositories to see if they are the correct ones. Then if the repos are correct, we can look at the dependency issues you are seeing.

So please open a console/terminal window and run this command: su (whereupon you will get root powers). Then run this command:
    Code:
    zypper lr -d | grep Yes
    Be sure to use Y not y. Copy/paste the response into a post here. Embrace (using the mouse) the text you pasted into the forum post and click the # available at top of posting box. The action will make the text that you pasted to be aligned for us to see it as you saw it in the console.

That will show us the details of your active repositories. Luck.

Thank you.
    try running
    Code:
    zypper in <path to team viewer rpm.rpm>
    zypper should solve all dependency issues it should download and install quite a bit of 32bit libraries so that's normal.
    if you get a key error chose ignore
    if you still get missing packages try searching for them here
    https://software.opensuse.org

Thank you, swerdna. Below the log.
    Code:
    linux-f81o:~ # zypper lr -d | grep Yes
    1 | Downloads                        | Downloads                  | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | plaindir | dir:///home/scrum/Downloads                                       |        
    2 | download.opensuse.org-non-oss    | Main Repository (NON-OSS)  | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | yast2    | http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/             |        
    3 | download.opensuse.org-oss        | Main Repository (OSS)      | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | yast2    | http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/                 |        
    4 | download.opensuse.org-tumbleweed | Main Update Repository     | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md   | http://download.opensuse.org/update/tumbleweed/                   |        
    5 | openSUSE-20151014-0              | openSUSE-20151014-0        | No      | ----      | Yes     |   99     | yast2    | hd:///?device=/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0Generic_Flash_Disk_058F-part2 |        
    6 | repo-debug                       | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Debug  | No      | ----      | Yes     |   99     | NONE     | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/tumbleweed/repo/oss/           |        
    7 | repo-source                      | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Source | No      | ----      | Yes     |   99     | NONE     | http://download.opensuse.org/source/tumbleweed/repo/oss/          |
    Just a note, that flash disk repo was there after I installed the system from a flash disk and I had to deactivate it, because otherwise it kept giving me an error message that its not available..
    The first folder repo is where I downloaded the teamviewer package and tried to install from there (unsuccessfully).

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    try running
    Code:
    zypper in <path to team viewer rpm.rpm>
    zypper should solve all dependency issues it should download and install quite a bit of 32bit libraries so that's normal.
    if you get a key error chose ignore
    if you still get missing packages try searching for them here
    https://software.opensuse.org
    Thank you, I_A. This gives me the error of user abort / user cancel or something like that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast