Thread: KWallet settings - permission denied

Default KWallet settings - permission denied

Hi

I have bumped into this before, really want to resolve this now though.
    Latest KDE4 with openSUSE 13.1 (same with 13.2): whenever I want to change the behaviour of KWallet, say untick 'close when last app using it' I get prompted for a password; whatever password I provide here, kwallet (blowfish), root, user, nothing will do; I will receive a message telling me something like 'system security practise will not permit changes ...'.

I have read several bug reports, forum threads etc related to similar issues, but could not find a clear and unambiguous answer to this.
    Would appreciate some input on this.

Thanks,
    Olav
    OpenSuSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.5, 64bit
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX8350, MSI GeForce GTX 760, RME HDSP9632, 16GB HyperX Kingston DDR3, Samsung 840-Pro SSD 128GB, WD Desktop Black 1TB, Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 750GB

Blog Entries

Default Re: KWallet settings - permission denied

Quote Originally Posted by F_Sauce View Post
    Latest KDE4 with openSUSE 13.1 (same with 13.2): whenever I want to change the behaviour of KWallet, say untick 'close when last app using it' I get prompted for a password; whatever password I provide here, kwallet (blowfish), root, user, nothing will do; I will receive a message telling me something like 'system security practise will not permit changes ...'.
    I think it wants your user login password (the one you use to login to KDE). But it never explains what it is asking for.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

Default Re: KWallet settings - permission denied

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    I think it wants your user login password (the one you use to login to KDE). But it never explains what it is asking for.
    The way I deal with kwallet is provide blank password first time I configure it. Of course it's not a good idea if you store any relevant passwords there but for me it just stores WiFi passwords.
    You might want to try reset kwallet settings depending on how important the passwords stored there are for you :
    http://unix.stackexchange.com/questi...sword-in-linux
    Best regards,
    Greg