Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethernet down after resume. Tumbleweed

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ethernet down after resume. Tumbleweed

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNBlack View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I've created the symbolic link but it didn't seem to help.Trying to enable the service throws the same error. It does not reload kernel module on resume, but does reload kernel module if I manually start the service as before.
    Creating the symbolic link should be all that's required to have it enabled ie no need to run 'systemctl enable...' after that. I can't replicate the error you're getting, so hard to advise further...

What does the following command report?
    Code:
    systemctl status r8169-reload.service

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Creating the symbolic link should be all that's required to have it enabled ie no need to run 'systemctl enable...' after that. I can't replicate the error you're getting, so hard to advise further...

What does the following command report?
    Code:
    systemctl status r8169-reload.service
    Hi, I get this:
    Code:
    sudo systemctl status r8169-reload.service                                                                                                                       
    ● r8169-reload.service                                                                                                                                                                       
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
       Active: inactive (dead)

Spa 16 06:08:22 new-host systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service:3] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
    Spa 16 06:08:23 new-host systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service:1] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
    Spa 16 06:08:23 new-host systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service:2] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
    Spa 16 06:08:23 new-host systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service:3] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
    Spa 16 06:08:27 new-host systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service:1] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
    Spa 16 06:08:27 new-host systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service:2] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
    Spa 16 06:08:27 new-host systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service:3] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
    Spa 16 06:08:28 new-host systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service:1] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
    Spa 16 06:08:28 new-host systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service:2] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.

Spa 16 06:08:28 new-host systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service:3] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.

Blog Entries

I can't begin to think what is causing that error

For reference, I get
    Code:
    # systemctl status r8169-reload
    r8169-reload.service - Reload wireless driver after system resume
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service; enabled)
    Can you show what your service file looks like?
    Code:
    cat /etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service

Blog Entries

It is important to note that I'm doing all of this in an openSUSE 13.2 environment, whereas you are doing this with Tumbleweed. I'm not sure how this might impact here, but clearly it is. Hopefully, others can chime in here. You may need to submit a bug report for this. The underlying issue with the r8169 driver (following resume) could also be reported, since we're effectively only attempting to work around that issue here.

Thumbs up Re: Ethernet down after resume. Tumbleweed

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    I can't begin to think what is causing that error

For reference, I get
    Code:
    # systemctl status r8169-reload
    r8169-reload.service - Reload wireless driver after system resume
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service; enabled)
    Can you show what your service file looks like?
    Code:
    cat /etc/systemd/system/r8169-reload.service
    That's it! The very first "[" bracket before "Unit" was missing. It still shows me the errors, but at least my NIC now reconnects on resume. I'm sorry to have taken your time with silly oversight on side and thank you for the info. I have learned something new and got my issue resolved thanks to you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNBlack View Post
    That's it! The very first "[" bracket before "Unit" was missing. It still shows me the errors, but at least my NIC now reconnects on resume. I'm sorry to have taken your time with silly oversight on side and thank you for the info. I have learned something new and got my issue resolved thanks to you.
    I started to suspect a syntax error of some kind, but not possible to know without seeing the .service file you created. Anyway, I'm glad you checked and found the missing character, and it is now working to your satisfaction! Yes, it's all part of the learning.
    Last edited by deano_ferrari; 16-Oct-2015 at 13:45.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12