Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: libreoffice 5, in calc I cannot drag and drop cells

  1. #1

    Default libreoffice 5, in calc I cannot drag and drop cells

    as libreoffice 4.3 repository has been closed, I tried to installa libreoffice 5, the first enormous problem is that I cannot move cells in calc dragging and dropping them.
    the second seems to be that the calc window result smaller than the window so I have to click on the restore/maximize button to have it maximized.
    is there a way to solve at least the first problem?
    is there other problems using libreoffice 5??
    about your opinion is better to come back to 4.4??
    manythanks, :-) ciao :-) pier

  2. #2

    Default Re: libreoffice 5, in calc I cannot drag and drop cells

    Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    as libreoffice 4.3 repository has been closed
    Why are you even using it? It's pointless on 13.2, since the latest 4.3 version is available as official update anyway.

    is there a way to solve at least the first problem?
    is there other problems using libreoffice 5??
    No idea, never used version 5.
    But it might be a problem with the desktop integration.
    Try running localc like this:
    Code:
    SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen localc
    Can you still reproduce the issues then?

    about your opinion is better to come back to 4.4??
    Or remove all additional LO repos and switch back to 4.3.7.2 from the update repo...
    As you seemed to have used the 4.3 repo up to now, this should be good enough and is probably the best choice then.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 11-Oct-2015 at 11:44.

  3. #3

    Default Re: libreoffice 5, in calc I cannot drag and drop cells

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Why are you even using it? It's pointless on 13.2, since the latest 4.3 version is available as official update anyway.
    ...I use it becouse it is faster to reverse to another libreoffice version, :-) ...simply disable LO5, enable LO4.4 and switch to that repo, if I go with officia update I have to select LO software one by one and change version... :-)
    this way to have programs in linux is quite annoying, there should be a way to group software ...

  4. #4

    Default Re: libreoffice 5, in calc I cannot drag and drop cells

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    No idea, never used version 5.
    But it might be a problem with the desktop integration.
    Try running localc like this:
    Code:
    SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen localc
    Can you still reproduce the issues then?
    with your command:
    Code:
    SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen localc
    it works well, how can I have this permanent??
    thanks, :-) ciao :-) pier

  5. #5

    Default Re: libreoffice 5, in calc I cannot drag and drop cells

    Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    ...I use it becouse it is faster to reverse to another libreoffice version, :-) ...simply disable LO5, enable LO4.4 and switch to that repo, if I go with officia update I have to select LO software one by one and change version... :-)
    And why would you want to reverse/switch between versions, or how often would you want to do that?
    Another thing is that 13.2 came with 4.3 in the first place, so I don't see a reason to add that repo at all.

    Anyway, if you downgrade libreoffice itself, the other packages should be downgraded automatically as well.

    And I don't want to tell you that you should downgrade, it is only another option.
    I just see no point in using the additional LibreOffice:4.3 repo on 13.2.

    this way to have programs in linux is quite annoying, there should be a way to group software ...
    Well, there are patterns and package dependencies.
    And there are those new "software centers" (based on "AppStream"/"Appdata"), that only consider "applications".
    zypper has support for this as well.

    But in the end switching between versions still depends on strict package dependencies.

    Btw, I prefer these fine-grained packages to the "Windows way" of having one huge installer for each application that also includes all used libraries...

    Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    with your command:
    Code:
    SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen localc
    it works well, how can I have this permanent??
    Just uninstall libreoffice-kde4.
    You might also try to install libreoffice-gtk3 instead, if you don't like the generic look and feel.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,674

    Default Re: libreoffice 5, in calc I cannot drag and drop cells

    Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    as libreoffice 4.3 repository has been closed, I tried to installa libreoffice 5, the first enormous problem is that I cannot move cells in calc dragging and dropping them.
    the second seems to be that the calc window result smaller than the window so I have to click on the restore/maximize button to have it maximized.
    ...
    is there other problems using libreoffice 5??
    I can confirm both problems in Tumbleweed with Gnome, so it is not only a problem with libreoffice-kde4 apparently.
    LO 5 has still to be polished, apparently; I found no show-stoppers so far, but a few glitches like those reported here.
    If you need another version (for compatibility issues, e.g.) you may also install an upstream version (from the ODF site): they install in the /opt directory and so may co-exist with any OpenSUSE version from the official repos.
    Main: Leap 15 Gnome on i7 4720HQ + Geforce GTX960M
    Test: Leap 42.3 (& others) on Core2Duo + GM965

  7. #7

    Default Re: libreoffice 5, in calc I cannot drag and drop cells

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    And why would you want to reverse/switch between versions, or how often would you want to do that?
    Another thing is that 13.2 came with 4.3 in the first place, so I don't see a reason to add that repo at all.
    ...as I sometimes (about every two months) try the last version, and in the past there had been crashes problems and I had some problem to reverse to the working version, I found this way, I only want to be sure to reverse to a working version in an easy way...

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Anyway, if you downgrade libreoffice itself, the other packages should be downgraded automatically as well.
    ...yes it should, but in the past something went wrong and it doesn't so I adopt the working way...

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    And I don't want to tell you that you should downgrade, it is only another option.
    I just see no point in using the additional LibreOffice:4.3 repo on 13.2.
    ...yes :-) I get it, for now the 5.0 version seems to be ok...

  8. #8

    Default Re: libreoffice 5, in calc I cannot drag and drop cells

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Well, there are patterns and package dependencies.
    And there are those new "software centers" (based on "AppStream"/"Appdata"), that only consider "applications".
    zypper has support for this as well.
    ...Is possible to have this in yast install/remove software??

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    But in the end switching between versions still depends on strict package dependencies.

    Btw, I prefer these fine-grained packages to the "Windows way" of having one huge installer for each application that also includes all used libraries...
    ...the fine grained is ok and useful, but, to have in yast also a view with only applications could be useful too, something that shows like this:
    libreoffice (and not calc draw and other..)
    latex
    ...
    pdfgtk

    and checking on one of them all dependencies, system languages, GUIs, and for example for libreoffice also calc writer and others.. are installed.[/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Just uninstall libreoffice-kde4.
    You might also try to install libreoffice-gtk3 instead, if you don't like the generic look and feel.
    I had to uninstall libreoffice-kde4 and also libreoffice-gtk3 and also to taboo libreoffice-kde4 to have libreoffice working, ...it seems to works well now
    manythanks :-) ciao :-) pier

  9. #9

    Default Re: libreoffice 5, in calc I cannot drag and drop cells

    Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    ...as I sometimes (about every two months) try the last version, and in the past there had been crashes problems and I had some problem to reverse to the working version, I found this way, I only want to be sure to reverse to a working version in an easy way...
    If you want to, you can still use LibreOffice:4.4 of course.

    But as 4.4 is considered stable now for a long time, and 5 is the new "cool thing", the 4.3 repo has been discontinued.

    And again, if you want/need to switch to 4.3 for some reason, it is available in the 13.2 update repo. This one probably won't be updated at all anymore, unless critical bugs are found and reported...
    The same would apply though if the repo was still available.


    Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    ...Is possible to have this in yast install/remove software??
    You do have patterns there. (View->Patterns)

    But yeah, YaST doesn't support the concept of "Applications" (yet?).

    Both won't help your usecase though, I suppose.

    I had to uninstall libreoffice-kde4 and also libreoffice-gtk3 and also to taboo libreoffice-kde4 to have libreoffice working, ...it seems to works well now
    Fine.

    You might want to file an upstream bug report though.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 12-Oct-2015 at 09:27.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •