Thread: I am too stupid to use Zypper

Default I am too stupid to use Zypper

Hi folks,

I am not really sure what happened here, and I can't actually see where the issue is (you might notice I feel somewhat confused). But that's what I did:
    I wanted to install the Spotify stand alone player application. I remember that there was a script well working. It is this one: http://packman.links2linux.org/packa...staller/626773 -- fine. Since I have the PackMan repo in my repo list, I just hit
    Code:
    sudo zypper in spotify-installer
    Worked well (German output):

Code:
    Daten des Repositories laden ...
    Installierte Pakete lesen ...
    Paketabhängigkeiten auflösen ...

Das folgende NEUE Paket wird installiert:
      spotify-installer 

1 neues Paket zu installieren.
    Gesamtgröße des Downloads: 12,7 KiB. Bereits zwischengespeichert: 0 B  Nach der Operation werden zusätzlich 20,6 KiB belegt.
    Fortfahren? [j/n/? zeigt alle Optionen] (j): 
    Paket spotify-installer-0.9.17.8.gd06432d.31-5.1.x86_64 wird abgerufen                                                                                   (1/1),  12,7 KiB ( 20,6 KiB entpackt)
    Abruf: spotify-installer-0.9.17.8.gd06432d.31-5.1.x86_64.rpm .........................................................................................................................[fertig]
    Test auf Dateikonflikte: .............................................................................................................................................................[fertig]
    (1/1) Installation von: spotify-installer-0.9.17.8.gd06432d.31-5.1 ...................................................................................................................[fertig]
    Now I wanted to start the app:
    Code:
    ~> spotify-installer
    If 'spotify-installer' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
        cnf spotify-installer
    Meh! I don't get this in the first place… But than also "which" couldn't find anything. As a kind of last resort I went to "/" and did
    Code:
    find . ! -readable -prune -name "*spotify-installer*"
    Which returned nothing. WTF?! Am I doing stupid? Or is there something wrong with the package (the GitHub pages says there's a bug with their script, but that does explicitly not apply to the PackMan version).

Please give me a hint! Thanks!

Default Re: I am too stupid to use Zypper

the install script is
    install-spotify located in /usr/bin/install-spotify
    try running
    Code:
    install-spotify

Blog Entries

Default Re: I am too stupid to use Zypper

A good idea to check what has been installed first (including any README files)
    Code:
    # rpm -ql spotify-installer
    /usr/bin/install-spotify
    /usr/share/doc/packages/spotify-installer
    /usr/share/doc/packages/spotify-installer/README.html
    /usr/src/packages/SPECS/spotify-client.spec
    As I_A mentioned already,...
    Code:
    /usr/bin/install-spotify