Thread: Converting .deb to .rpm with alien -r

Post Converting .deb to .rpm with alien -r

Since i have a subscription for VPN unlimited i want to make my OpenSuse 12.3 64bit run the daemon/app.
    So i downloaded the 32bit version on my 32bit Kubuntu and the convert.
    Then i tried to install the rpm on my 64 bit machine.
    It gave the error: nothing provides libcrypto.so.1.0.0(OPENSSL_1.0.0) needed by vpn-unlimited-2.8.0-2.i386
    Now this might be due to the fact that i should have converted the 64 bit daemon/app instead of the 32-bit version.
    But i think i cannot convert a 64bit app with alien -r on a 32-bit machine. But i have no other 64 bit nachine present. Is there a solution? Maybe you have a download-link for this app?
    Kins Regards,
    Peter ( peterz11 )

Default Re: Converting .deb to .rpm with alien -r

Scripts are never allowed to be run as SETUID root. That would be a security hole.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by peterz11 View Post
    Since i have a subscription for VPN unlimited i want to make my OpenSuse 12.3 64bit run the daemon/app.
    So i downloaded the 32bit version on my 32bit Kubuntu and the convert.
    Then i tried to install the rpm on my 64 bit machine.
    It gave the error: nothing provides libcrypto.so.1.0.0(OPENSSL_1.0.0) needed by vpn-unlimited-2.8.0-2.i386
    Now this might be due to the fact that i should have converted the 64 bit daemon/app instead of the 32-bit version.
    But i think i cannot convert a 64bit app with alien -r on a 32-bit machine. But i have no other 64 bit nachine present. Is there a solution? Maybe you have a download-link for this app?
    Kins Regards,
    Peter ( peterz11 )
    Out of curiosity, have you tried downloading the 64bit version and try to convert it on the 64bit machine?
    "Making rich people richer doesn't make the rest of us richer." Ha-Joon Chang
    openSUSE 15.1 4.12.14-lp151.28.16-default x64

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Scripts are never allowed to be run as SETUID root. That would be a security hole.
    This should not have been posted here. Sorry, forget it.
    Henk van Velden