Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: I can't log out from the forum.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default I can't log out from the forum.

    I logged in yesterday, I think, to see something. Then I logged out.

    Today I try to see some post, and I see that I'm still logged in. So I
    log out again. I open another tab, load the forum page, and it still
    shows me as logged in.

    https://forums.opensuse.org/forum.php says logged in.
    https://www.suse.com/common/util/logout.php says logged out.
    https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/index.cgi says logged out.

    This happens to me frequently, on two computers. I use FF.


    And then people complain that they can't stay logged in... LOL.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.

    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    12,648
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: I can't log out from the forum.

    All three happen.

    Can't login;
    can't logout;
    can't stay logged in.

    If you delete all relevant cookies and start over, it works again (until it breaks again).

    The hard part is working out which cookies are relevant, when you have a growing conglomate of many companies.

    Recently, I have had fewer problems with konqueror. At least, with konqueror, when it logs me out, I can login again. I'm not sure whether logout works, though. I haven't tried that lately.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,171

    Default Re: I can't log out from the forum.

    Telling FF to handle all cookies from opensuse and attachmate as session cookies (which they should be anyhow) will help in the cleaning when you stop FF at the end of the day.
    Henk van Velden

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: I can't log out from the forum.

    On 2015-07-29 17:06, hcvv wrote:
    >
    > Telling FF to handle all cookies from opensuse and attachmate as session
    > cookies (which they should be anyhow) will help in the cleaning when you
    > stop FF at the end of the day.


    But I don't stop FF, maybe for weeks...

    I hibernate the machine instead.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.

    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: I can't log out from the forum.

    On 2015-07-29 16:56, nrickert wrote:
    >
    > All three happen.
    >
    > Can't login;
    > can't logout;
    > can't stay logged in.
    >
    > If you delete all relevant cookies and start over, it works again (until
    > it breaks again).
    >
    > The hard part is working out which cookies are relevant, when you have a
    > growing conglomate of many companies.


    Yes, clearing the cookies works, but it is a pain finding them. And it
    breaks some customizations that are saved on cookies, obviously.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.

    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,171

    Default Re: I can't log out from the forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2015-07-29 16:56, nrickert wrote:

    Yes, clearing the cookies works, but it is a pain finding them. And it
    breaks some customizations that are saved on cookies, obviously.
    Not fot these forums. The forums claim that they only use session cookies, thus handling them as such in your browser is in theory superfluous, but sometimes it helps. And there are certainly no customizations stored with them.
    Henk van Velden

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: I can't log out from the forum.

    On 2015-07-29 17:56, hcvv wrote:
    >
    > robin_listas;2721571 Wrote:
    >> On 2015-07-29 16:56, nrickert wrote:
    >>
    >> Yes, clearing the cookies works, but it is a pain finding them. And it
    >> breaks some customizations that are saved on cookies, obviously.
    >>
    >>

    > Not fot these forums. The forums claim that they only use session
    > cookies, thus handling them as such in your browser is in theory
    > superfluous, but sometimes it helps. And there are certainly no
    > customizations stored with them.


    Ok, but I have no way to distinguish what cookies are from the forums,
    and which for other parts of suse, novell, opensuse, attachmate, and
    microfocus.

    I will try later, when back at my laptop, to see if erasing the
    forums.opensuse.org cookies does the trick.


    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,171

    Default Re: I can't log out from the forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    Ok, but I have no way to distinguish what cookies are from the forums,
    and which for other parts of suse, novell, opensuse, attachmate, and
    microfocus.
    I give all of them the same treatment. In fact, apart from very few web-sites (like my bank) I allow all cookies only as session cookies.
    Henk van Velden

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: I can't log out from the forum.

    On 2015-07-29 22:16, hcvv wrote:

    > I give all of them the same treatment. In fact, apart from very few
    > web-sites (like my bank) I allow all cookies only as session cookies.


    Session or no session doesn't matter, as I don't reboot nor restart
    firefox in perhaps weeks.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: I can't log out from the forum.

    On 2015-07-29 21:48, Carlos E. R. wrote:
    > I will try later, when back at my laptop, to see if erasing the
    > forums.opensuse.org cookies does the trick.


    I didn't get a chance, I was already logged out in the laptop, and I can
    not reproduce the issue. I'll have to try next time it happens...

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.

    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •