Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: yast2 software management Online Update will not initialize

  1. #1

    Default yast2 software management Online Update will not initialize

    I get this error message every time I try to run Software Management in yast2

    Details: undefined method 'include' for ["cd","dvd"]:Array
    Caller: /usr/share/Yast2/modules/PackageCallbacks.rb:812:in 'MediaChange'

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    3,947

    Default AW: yast2 software management Online Update will not initialize

    Please post in Code-Tags:
    Code:
    zypper lr -d

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,998

    Default Re: yast2 software management Online Update will not initialize

    Quote Originally Posted by sineathe View Post
    I get this error message every time I try to run Software Management in yast2

    Details: undefined method 'include' for ["cd","dvd"]:Array
    Caller: /usr/share/Yast2/modules/PackageCallbacks.rb:812:in 'MediaChange'
    And it wouldn't be bad to add which version of openSUSE you use.
    Henk van Velden

  4. #4

    Default Re: yast2 software management Online Update will not initialize

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    And it wouldn't be bad to add which version of openSUSE you use.
    Using 13.2 Harlequin

  5. #5

    Default Re: yast2 software management Online Update will not initialize

    Code:
    Details:  undefined method 'include' for ["cd","dvd"]:Array 
    Caller:  /usr/share/Yast2/modules/PackageCallbacks.rb:812:in 'MediaChange'

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: yast2 software management Online Update will not initialize

    On 2015-07-26 23:46, sineathe wrote:
    >
    > hcvv;2721036 Wrote:
    >> And it wouldn't be bad to add which version of openSUSE you use.

    >
    > Using 13.2 Harlequin


    And your repository list, as requested by Sauerland?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.

    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))

  7. #7

    Default Re: yast2 software management Online Update will not initialize

    Quote Originally Posted by sineathe View Post
    Code:
    Details:  undefined method 'include' for ["cd","dvd"]:Array 
    Caller:  /usr/share/Yast2/modules/PackageCallbacks.rb:812:in 'MediaChange'
    Update your system using Apper (or whatever desktop's equivalent is, you didn't tell which one you are using) or "sudo zypper patch".

    This looks like a bug that's already been fixed months ago.

    I think removing the installation medium from your repo list should "fix" the crash too.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 27-Jul-2015 at 01:18.

  8. #8

    Default Re: yast2 software management Online Update will not initialize

    | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service
    ---+---------------------------+------------------------------------+---------+---------+----------+--------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
    1 | homeetracvv | homeetracvv | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.2/ |
    2 | openSUSE:13.2 | openSUSE:13.2 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...13.2/standard/ |
    3 | repo-debug | openSUSE-13.2-Debug | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/d...13.2/repo/oss/ |
    4 | repo-debug-update | openSUSE-13.2-Update-Debug | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/13.2/ |
    5 | repo-debug-update-non-oss | openSUSE-13.2-Update-Debug-Non-Oss | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/13.2-non-oss/ |
    6 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-13.2-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | http://download.opensuse.org/distrib.../repo/non-oss/ |
    7 | repo-oss | openSUSE-13.2-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...13.2/repo/oss/ |
    8 | repo-source | openSUSE-13.2-Source | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | http://download.opensuse.org/source/...13.2/repo/oss/ |
    9 | repo-update | openSUSE-13.2-Update | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/13.2/ |
    10 | repo-update-non-oss | openSUSE-13.2-Update-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/13.2-non-oss/


    And your repository list, as requested by Sauerland?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.

    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))[/QUOTE]

  9. #9

    Default Re: yast2 software management Online Update will not initialize

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Update your system using Apper (or whatever desktop's equivalent is, you didn't tell which one you are using) or "sudo zypper patch".

    This looks like a bug that's already been fixed months ago.

    I think removing the installation medium from your repo list should "fix" the crash too.
    Using Gnome 3.14.0

    sudo zypper patch returned:
    File '/repodata/repomd.xml' not found on medium 'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/petracvv/openSUSE_13.2/'

    How do I remove the installation medium from my repo list?

    Thanks much.

  10. #10

    Default Re: yast2 software management Online Update will not initialize

    Quote Originally Posted by sineathe View Post
    sudo zypper patch returned:
    File '/repodata/repomd.xml' not found on medium 'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/petracvv/openSUSE_13.2/'
    Run "sudo zypper rr 1" to remove that repo.
    It doesn't seem to exist any more (for 13.2 at least). Well, it's some person's private home repo...

    But zypper should allow you to ignore that error and continue anyway.

    How do I remove the installation medium from my repo list?
    You don't seem to have it anyway, according to the list you posted.

    Maybe the above unreachable repo triggered the problem, but as mentioned it should be solved already in the latest YaST version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •