Thread: Program cannot find shared library

Default Program cannot find shared library

I am running 13.2 with kde 4 running with plasma5 libraries. I am trying to install a program called Write, however I get the following error message when running the program.

Code:
    ./Write: error while loading shared libraries: libQtSvg.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I did a quick find command on my root directory, and it returned the following results.

Code:
    ./usr/lib64/libQtSvg.so.4
    ./usr/lib64/libQtSvg.so.4.8
    ./usr/lib64/libQtSvg.so.4.8.6
    So I obviously have libQtSvg.so.4 installed on the system, I'm just wondering why Write can't find them. Is there a specific folder where these types of libraries belong?

Another interesting thing to note, is that according to zypper, I only have the libQt5Svg5 libraries installed.

How can I figure out if a Library is able to be found by an external program?

Thanks

Default Re: Program cannot find shared library

Perhaps Write is a 32bit application and requires the 32-bit versions to be available, you should install them from your package management.
    .: miuku #suse @ irc.freenode.net
    :: miuku@opensuse.org

.: h​ttps://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Miuku/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 8ofspades View Post
    I am running 13.2 with kde 4 running with plasma5 libraries. I am trying to install a program called Write, however I get the following error message when running the program.

Code:
    ./Write: error while loading shared libraries: libQtSvg.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I did a quick find command on my root directory, and it returned the following results.

Code:
    ./usr/lib64/libQtSvg.so.4
    ./usr/lib64/libQtSvg.so.4.8
    ./usr/lib64/libQtSvg.so.4.8.6
    So I obviously have libQtSvg.so.4 installed on the system, I'm just wondering why Write can't find them. Is there a specific folder where these types of libraries belong?

Another interesting thing to note, is that according to zypper, I only have the libQt5Svg5 libraries installed.

How can I figure out if a Library is able to be found by an external program?

Thanks
    Hi
    It's a 32bit app, zypper in libqt4-x11-32bit and you should be good to go.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

That was the issue, feel rather silly for not checking the program architecture.

Thanks for the help!