wxPython in opensuse 13.1

I instal a Python based pakage (sfDM: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/sfDM )with all of its requirements. the program is working but I can not open the gui. when I try to open the gui I am getting this massages constantly:
sfDM_gui
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/sfDM_gui”, line 5, in <module>
pkg_resources.run_script(‘sfDM==0.3’, ‘sfDM_gui’)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 540, in run_script
self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 1455, in run_script
execfile(script_filename, namespace, namespace)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sfDM-0.3-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/sfDM_gui”, line 2, in <module>
import sfDM.ui.fdm_gui
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sfDM-0.3-py2.7.egg/sfDM/ui/fdm_gui.py”, line 11, in <module>
raise ImportError,“wxPython module is required.”
ImportError: wxPython module is required.
I have wxPython. it was installed through Yast. I think there is a problem between open suse and fdm_gui.py, which I do not know.
I really appreciated any help
Thanks alot, kolaleh

Hi
I wonder if it’s looking for python-matplotlib-wx since it uses python-matplotlib.

Hi
Just tested on Tumbleweed and installed python-wxWidgets and worked with the import in the gui app your using, as in;

import wx
import wx.lib.scrolledpanel as scrolled

Test based on http://wxpython.org/Phoenix/docs/html/lib.scrolledpanel.html

So check python-wxWidgets is installed, else the version in 13.1 is not up to date with sfDM.

Thank you very much for responding and sorry for taking so long to reply,
I have all of them(wxPython, python-matplotlib-wx, python-wxWidgets ) but when i chehed the list of modules for Paython, i could not find the wx or wxPython in the list. I have wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode in the site package (/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode) which is includes wx and wx Python. please let me know how can i include the wxpython in Python modules.
Thank you
Kolaleh

Hi
If you download the test file I linked to does this work? Just copy the text and save as say wx-test, make it executable eg chmod 0700 wx-test then run from the command line;

./wx-test

Note change the /bin/python in the first line to /usr/bin/python, also this is done as your user, not root…