Thread: After upgrade dolphin changed the order of "places"

Default After upgrade dolphin changed the order of "places"

openSUSE 13.2 (Harlequin) (x86_64)
    KDE 4.14.8

After upgrade dolphin changed the order of "places".
    Home, Trash, Network are no longer at the top, but some FTP and other Directory locations in my case.

Default Re: After upgrade dolphin changed the order of "places"

Quote Originally Posted by theo222 View Post
    openSUSE 13.2 (Harlequin) (x86_64)
    KDE 4.14.8

After upgrade dolphin changed the order of "places".
    Home, Trash, Network are no longer at the top, but some FTP and other Directory locations in my case.
    There were many problems with the "Places" handling, mainly caused by the fact that KDE used two files to store them (the traditional ~/.kde4/share/apps/kfileplaces/bookmarks.xml, and the freedesktop.org standard ~/.local/share/user-places.xbel) and synchronizing them all the time.
    Those problems have been fixed now by simply not using ~/.kde4/share/apps/kfileplaces/bookmarks.xml any more.

So what you experienced now are actually consequences of the bugs that have been in KDE before the latest updates.

You should be able to rearrange the "Places" though, or hide/remove entries (by right-clicking on them), and now your changes should even be remembered...
    If you have problems, try to delete ~/.local/share/user-places.xbel and start fresh. It might contain garbage because of the earlier problems.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 17-Jun-2015 at 05:35.

Default Re: After upgrade dolphin changed the order of "places"

Yes, you are right. I can rearrange them now.
    Thank you!