Dolphin Panels Bug

After last update I noticed Dolphin Panels acting weird. I open a new instance of Dolphin and look to the left at Panels and ‘Places’ is there with all options fully expanded (Recently Saved, Search For, etc).

I go to right click and ‘Hide’ what I want and it immediately makes everything disappear except for Devices and the Desktop location in Places.

So I go from this:

http://i.imgur.com/I1siXF7.png

To this:

http://i.imgur.com/9aqNZO5.png

I do have the breeze4-style package installed if that’s relevant.

Works fine and as expected here.

Did you logout/login or reboot after the update?
There have been changes in the Places handling in both kdelibs4 and dolphin to fix all known bugs (caused in particular by synchronizing ~/.kde4/share/apps/kfileplaces/ and ~/.local/share/user-places.xbel, now only the latter is used)

If you didn’t restart KDE, you probably are using the new dolphin with the old kdelibs4 which could cause all sorts of problems…

If rebooting doesn’t help, try to remove ~/.kde4/share/apps/kfileplaces/, ~/.local/share/kfileplaces/ (the KF5 location) and ~/.local/share/user-places.xbel to reset the Places to the defaults.
Maybe you have some garbage in there…

I do have the breeze4-style package installed if that’s relevant.

I highly doubt that the widget style is relevant in any way.
And I cannot reproduce your problem with breeze either.

yeah, logout didn’t do anything, just tried warm and cold boots and they did nothing.

~/.kde4/share/apps/kfileplaces/ - found removed
~/.local/share/kfileplaces/ (the KF5 location) - don’t have it.
~/.local/share/user-places.xbel - found and removed

Which worked after three attempts. Thanks again. :good:

That user-places.xbel seems to be the one to hit.

Yeah, that’s the (only) place where the “Places” are stored now.
The others are not used any more.

But the older kdelibs read ~/.kde4/share/apps/kfileplaces/bookmarks.xml as well and tried to keep the two in sync.
That led to a lot of problems, one of them might have corrupted your user-places.xbel…