Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: MariaDB not working after upgrade from openSUSE 13.1 to 13.2

  1. #1

    Default MariaDB not working after upgrade from openSUSE 13.1 to 13.2

    Hello,

    I have the problem, that after upgrade from openSUSE 13.1 to 13.2 the MySQL/MariaDB service is not running anymore.
    When I try to start the automatic upgrade process is running. During that I get the following error messages and the service is not started:

    Code:
    Jun 04 23:09:37 server rcmysql[5952]: ERROR 1813 (HY000) at line 64: Tablespace for table  '`mysql`.`innodb_table_stats`' exists. Please DISCARD the tablespace  before IMPORT.
    Jun 04 23:09:37 server rcmysql[5952]: ERROR 1813  (HY000) at line 68: Tablespace for table '`mysql`.`innodb_index_stats`'  exists. Please DISCARD the tablespace before IMPORT.
    Jun 04 23:09:37 server rcmysql[5952]: ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 567: Table 'mysql.innodb_index_stats' doesn't exist
    Jun 04 23:09:37 server rcmysql[5952]: ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 570: Table 'mysql.innodb_table_stats' doesn't exist
    What can I do to discard the tablespace, when the service is not running.

    Best
    Torsten

  2. #2

    Default Re: MariaDB not working after upgrade from openSUSE 13.1 to 13.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrummm View Post
    What can I do to discard the tablespace, when the service is not running.
    You can skip the database upgrade by deleting the files /var/lib/mysql/.run-mysql_upgrade and/or /var/lib/mysql/.force_upgrade if they exist.
    The server should at least start then I suppose.

    But I'd recommend to backup all files in /var/lib/mysql/ first to be on the safe side.

  3. #3

    Default Re: MariaDB not working after upgrade from openSUSE 13.1 to 13.2

    Thanks, that helped to get MySQL running again. Unfortunately any time I try to do anything with the table I got the error, that it does not exist. And if I tried to create it, I got the message, that it already exists and the .ibd files were recreated all the time.

    At the end the following worked:
    1. Backup of all files.
    2. Delete ibdata1, ib_logfile* and *.ibd files from the problematic tables
    3. call mysql_install_db
    4. Replace ibdata1, ib_logfile* from the backup
    5. call mysql_install_db again

    Afterwards everything seems to be ok again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    3,448

    Default Re: MariaDB not working after upgrade from openSUSE 13.1 to 13.2

    Thanks for posting the solution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •