Thread: VLC codec : corrupt module

Default VLC codec : corrupt module

Hi,

my problem is to play video mp4 with VLC ( installed from download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/13.2/) [because the key of pacman repo is not ok]

the VLC-log indicate :

[00007f7ec0000958] core art finder debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates
    [00007f7ec0000958] lua art finder debug: Trying Lua scripts in /home/greg/.local/share/vlc/lua/meta/art
    [00007f7ec0000958] lua art finder debug: Trying Lua scripts in /usr/lib64/vlc/lua/meta/art
    [00007f7ec0000958] lua art finder debug: Trying Lua playlist script /usr/lib64/vlc/lua/meta/art/00_musicbrainz.luac
    [00007f7ebcc59068] core decoder warning: cannot load module `/usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/codec/libavcodec_plugin.so' (/usr/lib64/libavcodec.so.55: symbol av_fifo_alloc_array, version LIBAVUTIL_52 not defined in file libavutil.so.52 with link time reference)
    [00007f7ebcc59068] core decoder error: corrupt module: /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/codec/libavcodec_plugin.so
    [00007f7ec0000958] lua art finder debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) /usr/lib64/vlc/lua/meta/art/00_musicbrainz.luac

have you any idea, please, how to resolve this problem

thanks in advance

Default Re: VLC codec : corrupt module

Hi,
    my problem is to play video mp4 with VLC ( installed from download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/13.2/) [because the key of pacman repo is not ok]
    Mixing packages from vlc and packman will never work, what's wrong with the key from packman?
    Personaly I have tried but never gotten vlc from the vlc repo working.
    packman might have been doing a vlc update or the server might have been down, my suggestion is remove the vlc version and retry packman, maybe posting the key error.
    Your problem seams to be that you have libavcodec & company from packman, but vlc from the vlc repo is linked with a different version

ps opensuse version 13.1/13.2, are you maybe on thumbelweed?

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    Mixing packages from vlc and packman will never work, what's wrong with the key from packman?
    Personaly I have tried but never gotten vlc from the vlc repo working.
    packman might have been doing a vlc update or the server might have been down, my suggestion is remove the vlc version and retry packman, maybe posting the key error.
    Your problem seams to be that you have libavcodec & company from packman, but vlc from the vlc repo is linked with a different version

ps opensuse version 13.1/13.2, are you maybe on thumbelweed?
    hi, thank you for your response,

i removed vlc repo, and now i work with packman

but now , VLC not work , pb with module

this is a log lines error

core demux warning: cannot load module `/usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/access/libdvdnav_plugin.so' (/usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/access/libdvdnav_plugin.so: undefined symbol: dvdnav_open_stream)
    [00007fdf10000e48] core demux error: corrupt module: /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/access/libdvdnav_plugin.so
    [00007fdf10000e48] core demux debug: no access_demux modules matched

please have you an idea what i do ?
    thank you

Have you actually loaded only from packman? Sounds like you still have mixed versions. Go to yast search for vlc and check the version tabs at bootom righ it will show the vendor and the versions/. All vlc packages must be the same number and come from the same vendor. If not fix them

yes what gogalthorp said.
    removing a repository does not remove packages from that repository.
    There are a few ways around this issue
    #1 go to yast search for vlc (and related packages) check and select them from packman.
    #2 go to yast software management, select repository view, select the packman repository and click the blue link on the right that says switch system packages to this repository.
    #3 with a console do
    zypper lr -r list and refresh repositories
    zypper dup --from # replace # with the number associated with packman's repository, you'll see/get the number by using the above command.

Quote Originally Posted by greg_tn View Post
    core demux warning: cannot load module `/usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/access/libdvdnav_plugin.so' (/usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/access/libdvdnav_plugin.so: undefined symbol: dvdnav_open_stream)
    [00007fdf10000e48] core demux error: corrupt module: /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/access/libdvdnav_plugin.so
    [00007fdf10000e48] core demux debug: no access_demux modules matched
    In particular, make sure you have libdvdread4 and libdvdnav4 from Packman (versions 5.0.3).

Doing a "full repository vendor switch update" ("zypper dup --from xxx", but you can also use YaST) as already suggested might be a good idea anyway, and should fix your problem...
    https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Vendor_c..._Vendor_change