Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tumbleweed Desktop

Blog Entries

Default Tumbleweed Desktop

Hi
    Thought I would post my Tumbleweed test system desktop, just the boring gnome shell...

Hardware is an ASUS K53U laptop connected to a 1680x1050 viewsonic monitor. I has an AMD E-350 dual core @1.6GHz, AMD HD 6310 GPU, 8GB of RAM and a 320GB rotating drive. I need to look at trying out the fglrx driver but going ok with the radeon...

It dual boots with windows 10 preview.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Default Re: Tumbleweed Desktop

uptime 1h1m1s very geek coincidence!!
    Registered GNU/Linux user:#528067 - openSUSE Tumbleweed + KDE

"we are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."
    Richard Dawkins

Here's my theme

Blindspot - Wednesday theme

A theme i did of my favorite tv show blindspot. Linux openSUSE GNOME Shell

openSUSE Tumbleweed
    GNOME 3.22
    Conky by Dobbie03
    Theme - Arc Grey
    GNOME Shell - Cobalt_Chameleon
    Icons - OxygenRefit2-black
    Plank Theme - AYAS red by EtlesTeam
    Psensor

GNOME Shell Extensions - ON
    activities
    caffeine
    CoverflowAltTab
    hide-dash
    mailnag
    native-window-placement
    volume-mixer
    system-monitor
    TaskBar
    TopIcons
    user-theme
    weather
    web_search
    windowoverlay-icons

Hey I really like your setup. I've recently switched over to Leap 42.1 Gnome from KDE (Way too many issues with KDE on any distro), would you be able to give me some insight on what you use, and how you got your setup like that? I'm no Linux expert, but can get stuff done if I have some general direct.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Thought I would post my Tumbleweed test system desktop, just the boring gnome shell...

Hardware is an ASUS K53U laptop connected to a 1680x1050 viewsonic monitor. I has an AMD E-350 dual core @1.6GHz, AMD HD 6310 GPU, 8GB of RAM and a 320GB rotating drive. I need to look at trying out the fglrx driver but going ok with the radeon...

It dual boots with windows 10 preview.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbeelz View Post
    Hey I really like your setup. I've recently switched over to Leap 42.1 Gnome from KDE (Way too many issues with KDE on any distro), would you be able to give me some insight on what you use, and how you got your setup like that? I'm no Linux expert, but can get stuff done if I have some general direct.
    Hi
    That laptop is in the don't use pile any more... Here is my latest laptop with Tumbleweed;

System: DELL Inspiron 5555 Touchscreen, Quad Core AMD and Mullins GPU 8 GB RAM, two 120GB SSDs, booting openSUSE 42.2, openSUSE Tumbleweed, SLED 12 SP2 Beta and WinX;

I use the following GNOME Shell Extensions;
    openWeather, Lock Keys (set to hide) and Activities Overview with transparency set to 100 and icon used is in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/distributor.svg

I use conky and a lua created background, I also use a script in /etc/cron.hourly to get some data, I also use cpupower mperf script controlled with a systemd timer/service to update every 20 seconds to get the cpu core frequency.

Background is from vladstudio.com but the one I posted was from gnome-look.org.

What would you like to achieve?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    I use conky and a lua created background.
    Very nice !
    VinDSL

Toshiba A215 Laptop, openSuSE-Factory x86_64 KDE 4.2 / GNOME / Vista / Win7 Quad-Boot
    LanParty Desktop, P4 Extreme Edition, openSuSE-11.1 KDE 4.2 / GNOME / W2K Triple-Boot

Hi there,
    I am new here, warm welcome all from my side Just wanted to share with you my desktop, it's tumbleweed of course with gnome 3.22.2

I am using GTK theme called VimixLight, Icons are from Flat Remix, and Shell theme is Flat-Plat-Light. Wallpaper from zelda game, conky based on Gotham Conky. I was using KDE in openSUSE 13.2 back days, however I've decided to try something new, and loved gnome3. All is powered on my laptop with is ThinkPad E540. The only bad feature is lack of dual band wireless card. I am really satisfied of how the tumbleweed is working

Quote Originally Posted by mydevilroot View Post
    Hi there,
    I am new here, warm welcome all from my side Just wanted to share with you my desktop, it's tumbleweed of course with gnome 3.22.2

I am using GTK theme called VimixLight, Icons are from Flat Remix, and Shell theme is Flat-Plat-Light. Wallpaper from zelda game, conky based on Gotham Conky. I was using KDE in openSUSE 13.2 back days, however I've decided to try something new, and loved gnome3. All is powered on my laptop with is ThinkPad E540. The only bad feature is lack of dual band wireless card. I am really satisfied of how the tumbleweed is working
    Zelda walpaper owns is this from a particular Zelda game or just Zelda inspired in general ?
    Best regards,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by glistwan View Post
    Zelda walpaper owns is this from a particular Zelda game or just Zelda inspired in general ?
    Well, I believe this one is inspired in general, mostly like an artwork form. If you like the wall, feel free to grab it here: https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/wallpaper/297523

Newly installed Tumbleweed.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast