Thread: Plasma 5 - Desktop Context Menu missing entries for Create New section

Question Plasma 5 - Desktop Context Menu missing entries for Create New section

Ok guys... Here is the issue. I have recently installed the Plasma Next DE, and though I find it satisfactory I am having a hard time to deal with a... some will say a minor nuisance, but it annoys me quite a lot. My Desktop context menu under Folder View is missing all of the entries for the Create New section. So I wonder now... Is it a known issue or is it just me? I mean, under KDE4 you could add a template under /usr/share/kde4/templates folder and that would automatically add an entry into the Create New section of the context... Is there a way for that to be done under Plasma 5?

P.S I am using tumbleweed

Default Re: Plasma 5 - Desktop Context Menu missing entries for Create New section

Quote Originally Posted by elots View Post
    I mean, under KDE4 you could add a template under /usr/share/kde4/templates folder and that would automatically add an entry into the Create New section of the context... Is there a way for that to be done under Plasma 5?
    As dolphin is still KDE4 based, it should work exactly the same way there.
    Btw, you don't have to add your custom entries to /usr/share/kde4/templates/, you could also add them to ~/.kde4/share/kde4/templates/ (create the folder if it doesn't exist) to only affect one particular user.

For Plasma5/KF5 it would be /usr/share/templates/ or ~/.local/share/templates/.And it works fine here with both Plasma5's folder view plasmoid and KF5's file open/save dialog.
    If it doesn't work for you, it's probably because kde-baseapps (which includes Konqueror, Dolphin, and those templates) hasn't had a KF5 based release yet. You can get it from KDE:Unstable:Extra, the templates are in the package kde-baseapps5-libkonq precisely.
    Just copying KDE4's folder should work too though.

Default Re: Plasma 5 - Desktop Context Menu missing entries for Create New section

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    For Plasma5/KF5 it would be /usr/share/templates/ or ~/.local/share/templates/.And it works fine here with both Plasma5's folder view plasmoid and KF5's file open/save dialog.
    Thank you!! It works like a charm ... Speaking of which... The Issue is closed I believe