Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: one click install doesn't work

  1. #1

    Default one click install doesn't work

    One click install doesn't work. I am using openSuSE 13.2 with Firefox 37.0.2 for openSuSE 13.2.
    I use OCICLI to install downloads.

    Any help would be appreciate.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: one click install doesn't work

    what doesn't work, we need some more info
    1 click downloads a text file that contains info about rpm files and repositories needed for install, personaly I prefer using zypper/yast for installing but in the few times I did try 1 click it always worked.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sogndal, Noreg
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: one click install doesn't work

    Do you mean the install process doesn't initiate?
    OpenSuSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.5, 64bit
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX8350, MSI GeForce GTX 760, RME HDSP9632, 16GB HyperX Kingston DDR3, Samsung 840-Pro SSD 128GB, WD Desktop Black 1TB, Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 750GB

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,769

    Default Re: one click install doesn't work

    Need more info on what does not work??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belleville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    455

    Default Re: one click install doesn't work

    This is something I've experienced for a long time. I know when I try left clicking on a One-click Install button, the result is a new browser (both firefox and chrome behave this way (both are latest from official openSUSE and Google repositories)) page with the content of the install button, which one either goes back a page and right click on the button and save it, or, simply save the page as is. I believe it is a misconfiguration in the browser's settings, but I've been too lazy to actually do anything about it. The current solution of saving the file isn't a biggie. But, this info might prompt someone to point their efforts in that direction. Never know, it might be the right direction.
    "Making rich people richer doesn't make the rest of us richer." Ha-Joon Chang
    openSUSE 15.1 4.12.14-lp151.28.16-default x64

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    11,499
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: one click install doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by kerijan2003 View Post
    This is something I've experienced for a long time. I know when I try left clicking on a One-click Install button, the result is a new browser (both firefox and chrome behave this way (both are latest from official openSUSE and Google repositories)) page with the content of the install button, which one either goes back a page and right click on the button and save it, or, simply save the page as is. I believe it is a misconfiguration in the browser's settings, but I've been too lazy to actually do anything about it. The current solution of saving the file isn't a biggie. But, this info might prompt someone to point their efforts in that direction. Never know, it might be the right direction.
    I'd guess your FF isn't installed isn't really coming from your OSS.
    One Click install shouldn't invoke a new browser window, it should invoke the Software Install app.
    I've never looked at this but my wild guess would be that you'd need a MIME type configuration to get proper behavior.

    To verify where your package came from the following the following will display info about Chromium and Firefox
    Code:
    zypper info chromium && zypper info MozillaFirefox
    If they really do say "Vendor: openSUSE" then probably the simplest way to probably fix a damaged or altered install is a force re-install
    Code:
    zypper in -f packagename 
    TSU

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sogndal, Noreg
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: one click install doesn't work

    I have had some issues as well.

    Firefox used to work, I believe (can't remember), but it does not after I installed 'kparts'.
    Konqueror works if I choose KHTML, webkit loads the script and displays the code:
    Code:
    <metapackage xmlns:os="http://opensuse.org/Standards/One_Click_Install" xmlns="http://opensuse.org/Standards/One_Click_Install">
      <group>
        <repositories>
          <repository recommended="true">
            <name>openSUSE:13.2</name>
            <summary>Test setup for 13.2</summary>
            <description>This is really just a snapshot of Factory, but we need it to adapt the tools to later test and accept requests to it.</description>
            <url>http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/13.2/repo/oss/</url>
          </repository>
        </repositories>
        <software>
          <item>
            <name>lmms</name>
            <summary>Linux MultiMedia Studio</summary>
            <description>LMMS is a free cross-platform music studio which allows you to produce music
    with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the
    synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples.</description>
          </item>
        </software>
      </group>
    </metapackage>
    OpenSuSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.5, 64bit
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX8350, MSI GeForce GTX 760, RME HDSP9632, 16GB HyperX Kingston DDR3, Samsung 840-Pro SSD 128GB, WD Desktop Black 1TB, Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 750GB

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belleville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    455

    Default Re: one click install doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    I'd guess your FF isn't installed isn't really coming from your OSS.
    One Click install shouldn't invoke a new browser window, it should invoke the Software Install app.
    I've never looked at this but my wild guess would be that you'd need a MIME type configuration to get proper behavior.

    To verify where your package came from the following the following will display info about Chromium and Firefox
    Code:
    zypper info chromium && zypper info MozillaFirefox
    If they really do say "Vendor: openSUSE" then probably the simplest way to probably fix a damaged or altered install is a force re-install
    Code:
    zypper in -f packagename 
    TSU
    Well, it is from my OSS, and it is Chrome not chromium. As well, I didn't say it opened up another window, but a new page (containing the button's code). Also, the MIME type is in fact what I alluding to, which you seem to overlook as well. LOL

    Code:
    zypper info google-chrome-stable && zypper info MozillaFirefoxLoading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    
    
    
    
    Information for package google-chrome-stable:
    ---------------------------------------------
    Repository: google-chrome
    Name: google-chrome-stable
    Version: 42.0.2311.152-1
    Arch: x86_64
    Vendor: Google Inc.
    Installed: Yes
    Status: up-to-date
    Installed Size: 175.7 MiB
    Summary: Google Chrome
    Description: 
      The web browser from Google
      
      Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    
    
    
    
    Information for package MozillaFirefox:
    ---------------------------------------
    Repository: openSUSE-13.2-Update
    Name: MozillaFirefox
    Version: 37.0.2-27.1
    Arch: x86_64
    Vendor: openSUSE
    Installed: Yes
    Status: up-to-date
    Installed Size: 89.2 MiB
    Summary: Mozilla Firefox Web Browser
    Description: 
      Mozilla Firefox is a standalone web browser, designed for standards
      compliance and performance.  Its functionality can be enhanced via a
      plethora of extensions.
    "Making rich people richer doesn't make the rest of us richer." Ha-Joon Chang
    openSUSE 15.1 4.12.14-lp151.28.16-default x64

  9. #9

    Default Re: one click install doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by kerijan2003 View Post
    Well, it is from my OSS, and it is Chrome not chromium. As well, I didn't say it opened up another window, but a new page (containing the button's code).
    Well, it should work with Firefox, it does here with 37.0.2 from OSS. Is the "openSUSE Firefox extensions" addon activated?

    But it's a known problem with Chrome/Chromium and WebKit-based browsers.

    You should be able to right-click and open the file with "YaST 1-click installer" (the executable is /usr/sbin/OneClickInstallUI).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: one click install doesn't work

    On 2015-05-19 17:46, kerijan2003 wrote:

    > Well, it is from my OSS, and it is Chrome not chromium.


    Chrome does not support one-click.

    Anyway, I doubt that you got Chrome from oss: it comes directly from
    Google. The oneclick thing is an opensuse addition, so external software
    doesn't work.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.

    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •