Thread: Someone messed with Simple Scan

Default Someone messed with Simple Scan

Whatever has happened to the save function in Simple Scan? I used to (in the days of OpenSuse 12.3 (or even 13.1?)) crop my scans and then save the cropped section to disk. If I cropped another section of the same scan, I could save it under another file name.
    This feature was very helpful, for example, when one has a number of photos to be scanned ... one didn't need to scan each photo separately, but several at one time.

Now, (Simple Scan 3.16.1.1.-72.1) doesn't ask for a file a second time so that all cropped images are saved under the same file name (i.e. the first one set after each scan operation)...What a pity...the time advantage of the old Simple Scan utility has gone!

Why would anyone want to change the old way of operation? It was just perfect!

My current configuration: openSUSE 13.2 (Harlequin) (x86_64) 64-bit / Gnome 3.14.2 / Simple Scan 3.16.1.1.-72.1

Cheers
    Harvey

Blog Entries

Default Re: Someone messed with Simple Scan

Hi
    Roll back to the released version (3.14.0) of simple-scan?

Check the changelog for when the change was introduced, or create a bug upstream since it may be a regression?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Default Re: Someone messed with Simple Scan

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Roll back to the released version (3.14.0) of simple-scan?

Check the changelog for when the change was introduced, or create a bug upstream since it may be a regression?

....ooops, my mistake. The 'save as...' is still there as before. it is behind the drop-down menu 'Simple Scan > Document > Save as...'

Hmmm....my apologies for the confusion...I'll have my brain checked ....

Cheers
    Harvey