Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: I can't find libqsqltds.so driver (QTDS) on SUSE 13.2

  1. #1

    Question I can't find libqsqltds.so driver (QTDS) on SUSE 13.2

    Hi,

    I can't find the QT Sql driver for FreeTDS (sqlserver) the library is libqsqltds.so. I just don't like sqlserver but I need to connect to one just to transfer data to a PostgreSQL database.

    I'm found a workaround using UnixODBC but FreeTDS with QTDS is more simple to configure.

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,130

    Default Re: I can't find libqsqltds.so driver (QTDS) on SUSE 13.2

    If I am correct, SUSE 13.2 does not exist (but I am not realy an expert on SUSE Linux Enterprise). Can you please confirm you made a typo and wanted to say openSUSE 13.2?
    Henk van Velden

  3. #3

    Default Re: I can't find libqsqltds.so driver (QTDS) on SUSE 13.2

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    If I am correct, SUSE 13.2 does not exist (but I am not realy an expert on SUSE Linux Enterprise). Can you please confirm you made a typo and wanted to say openSUSE 13.2?
    Yes it exists !
    https://software.opensuse.org/132/en

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,130

    Default Re: I can't find libqsqltds.so driver (QTDS) on SUSE 13.2

    Quote Originally Posted by marcotc View Post
    that is about openSUSE, not SUSE!

    SUSE is here: https://www.suse.com
    Henk van Velden

  5. #5

    Default Re: I can't find libqsqltds.so driver (QTDS) on SUSE 13.2

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    that is about openSUSE, not SUSE!

    SUSE is here: https://www.suse.com
    Ok! sorry I will fix the question!

  6. #6

    Default Re: I can't find libqsqltds.so driver (QTDS) on SUSE 13.2

    Quote Originally Posted by marcotc View Post
    Hi,

    I can't find the QT Sql driver for FreeTDS (sqlserver) the library is libqsqltds.so. I just don't like sqlserver but I need to connect to one just to transfer data to a PostgreSQL database.

    I'm found a workaround using UnixODBC but FreeTDS with QTDS is more simple to configure.

    thanks in advance
    In fact is Open SUSE 13.2

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    3,977

    Default AW: I can't find libqsqltds.so driver (QTDS) on SUSE 13.2


  8. #8

    Default Re: AW: I can't find libqsqltds.so driver (QTDS) on SUSE 13.2

    I had already tried it and looked in unstable packages but I did not find one that provides this sql driver plug-in.
    thanks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    3,977

    Default AW: I can't find libqsqltds.so driver (QTDS) on SUSE 13.2

    Then post the complete error from Terminal in Code-Tags.

  10. #10

    Default Re: AW: I can't find libqsqltds.so driver (QTDS) on SUSE 13.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    Then post the complete error from Terminal in Code-Tags.


    The error is caused by the absence of the driver in the system. I did not find the package to install the QT Sql plugin for QTDS

    Code:
    QSqlDatabase: QTDS driver not loaded
    QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QSQLITE3 QMYSQL3 QMYSQL QODBC3 QODBC QPSQL7 QPSQL
    Driver not loaded Driver not loaded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •