STATA GUI NOT SHOWING AFTER INSTALLl

I installed STATA in opensuse 13.2 64 bits. It runs in the terminal but the GUI does not shows after the correct command. I installed the recommended libraries but it did not work. Can anybody help me to have the graphic user interface of STATA working in opensuse?

I have no idea what STATA is. That is not that much of a problem, but YaST > Software > Software Management and then the Search function doesn’t either.

This may mean that you installed not from the standard repos. maybe not even from a repo at all. Because most of us have no crystal balls, please explain where you found it and how you installed it.

Also, when you say “… after the correct command.”, again we can not look over your shoulder. Why not show us what you think the correct command is by copy/paste of the prompt, the command, the output and the next prompt from the terminal window here in a post? (and please between CODE tags, you get them by clicking on the # bar in the tool bar od the post editor).

On 2015-05-09 17:56, hcvv wrote:
>
> I have no idea what STATA is. That is not that much of a problem, but
> YaST > Software > Software Management and then the Search function
> doesn’t either.

Commercial software.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stata

+++—-—-—-—-—-
Stata is a general-purpose statistical software package created in 1985
by StataCorp. Most of its users work in research, especially in the
fields of economics, sociology, political science, biomedicine and
epidemiology.[citation needed]

Stata’s capabilities include data management, statistical analysis,
graphics, simulations, regression analysis (linear and multiple), and
custom programming.
—-—-—-—-—-+±

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 “Bottle” (Minas Tirith))

This may be relevant to your situation

http://www.statalist.org/forums/forum/general-stata-discussion/general/2199-linux-stata-bug-libpng-on-newer-opensuse-possibly-other-distributions

Peter Fuschich (Stata Technical Department) contributed a solution which may be helpful for openSUSE 13.2 as well. Otherwise, I suggest that you contact them for support. Good luck.