Thread: Yast2 no longer launces with /usr/bin/xdg-su -c /sbin/yast2 (opensuse 13.2)

Default Yast2 no longer launces with /usr/bin/xdg-su -c /sbin/yast2 (opensuse 13.2)

Hi All,

just had a round of KDE updates from the standard repo and now yast fails to launch with /usr/bin/xdg-su -c /sbin/yast2.

I've tried from a terminal and get nothing.

Anyone else experiencing this ?

NB Yast2 launches fine using su > yast2

Default Re: Yast2 no longer launces with /usr/bin/xdg-su -c /sbin/yast2 (opensuse 13.2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon32 View Post
    Anyone else experiencing this ?
    No, works fine here.

But I have seen things like that in past. For me running "xauth -b" (and then entering 'q' to quit) fixed it every time...

Default Re: Yast2 no longer launces with /usr/bin/xdg-su -c /sbin/yast2 (opensuse 13.2)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    No, works fine here.

But I have seen things like that in past. For me running "xauth -b" (and then entering 'q' to quit) fixed it every time...
    Thanks for replying Wolfi,

It was solved by a reboot, must have been a privileges update that I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon32 View Post
    Thanks for replying Wolfi,

It was solved by a reboot, must have been a privileges update that I missed.
    Well, as xdg-su just calls kdesu when run in KDE, it might be that you still had the old kdesud running (or something like that), and this caused the problem.

After a reboot, you are now running all the latest KDE components that got installed by the update, and there's no conflict any more.