Thread: SUSE 13.2 rpm install

Default SUSE 13.2 rpm install

"Your current backend does not support installing files" is the message i get when trying to install an ".rpm" file. I used to be able to install rpm's. I checked in the mirror and my back end has not changed. What is the new procedure for installing rpm's?

Default Re: SUSE 13.2 rpm install

Quote Originally Posted by RadioMike View Post
    "Your current backend does not support installing files" is the message i get when trying to install an ".rpm" file. I used to be able to install rpm's. I checked in the mirror and my back end has not changed. What is the new procedure for installing rpm's?

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/505820-quot-Your-current-backend-does-support-installing-files-quot

regards
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:06:01 +0000, RadioMike wrote:

> "Your current backend does not support installing files" is the message
    > i get when trying to install an ".rpm" file. I used to be able to
    > install rpm's. I checked in the mirror and my back end has not changed.
    > What is the new procedure for installing rpm's?

What is it that you're trying to do, exactly?

rpm -ivh rpmname.rpm

or

zypper in ./rpmname.rpm

should work just fine.

Jim

--
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Quote Originally Posted by RadioMike View Post
    While it is very likely that jonte1's assumptions are correct, please consider next time not to say things like "when trying to install an ".rpm" file" only, but also explain what you do (which tool, command, ...). Never assume that other people do things the same way as you normaly do them. And most other people have no crystal balls to find out what you did.
    Henk van Velden