Thread: On a fresh installation, is logrotate running by default?

Default On a fresh installation, is logrotate running by default?

I'm trying to determine whether logrotate is scheduled to run or not. First I realized that anacron doesn't come pre-installed on a fresh installation, so I installed it. Then I checked evrery cron/anacron file, but I couldn't find anything about logrotate. As I'm new to OpenSUSE, I'd like to know whether it's configured somewhere else (YaST files?) or just it comes with a predefined configuration (logrotate.conf, logrotate.d/*) but not scheduled to run at any point, therefore, I'd need to manually add it to some crontab.

Default Re: On a fresh installation, is logrotate running by default?

Quote Originally Posted by yzT View Post
    just it comes with a predefined configuration (logrotate.conf, logrotate.d/*) but not scheduled to run at any point, therefore, I'd need to manually add it to some crontab.
    logrotate is handled by the logrotate.timer systemd service and is enabled by default ( /usr/lib/systemd/system/logrotate.timer )

Code:
    zabbix:~ # systemctl status logrotate.timer
    logrotate.timer - Daily rotation of log files
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/logrotate.timer; enabled)
       Active: active (waiting) since Mon 2015-03-09 09:46:57 EET; 58min ago
         Docs: man:logrotate(8)
               man:logrotate.conf(5)
    It triggers logrotate and reads the config in /etc/logrotate.conf for basic global settings and then files in /etc/logrotate.d/* for custom settings for specific files.
    .: miuku #suse @ irc.freenode.net
    :: miuku@opensuse.org

.: h​ttps://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Miuku/

Default Re: On a fresh installation, is logrotate running by default?

Ohh.. I forgot about systemd. Remembering now... I had the same issue back in the day using Debian Jessie xD