Plasma 5 has black bars over panel/app launcher since around 2-20 snapshot

Anyone else been having any problem? It was working perfectly until up about the 2-20 snapshot release (whichever day had the pulseaudio updates – I don’t think they’re related, that just a change I remember).

Now, when it starts up, there is a black bar that is rendered over the panel and when I open an application menu, it’s only half rendered. Also, I can’t launch any applications from either the menu of panel, only via krunner. If I go to log out, the entire overlay for logging out is blacked out.

I did a fresh install of 2-27 just to make sure (KDE 4 install, then update to Plasma 5). SDDM is working fine, just not plasma.

It’s really odd. I don’t think it’s VirtualBox related either, as it works just fine in Kubuntu 15.04. It’s also working fine on actual hardware (mostly, I keep getting odd glitches on my AMD installed one).

I’ve had the same issue in VMware. I haven’t tried a physical install yet.

I had the same issue on real (old 32bit) hardware. I reinstalled without Plasma5 :frowning:

Hendrik

I wonder if it’s just some VM-Tumbleweed issue then. Like I said, it’s working fine in Kubuntu in the same setup. I don’t know what would have changed in that time period.

Something in the 0312 -> 0316 snapshot fixed this issue. It’s working fully again, and better than it was before this issue happend. Must have been something in the KF5 libraries that just got updated.