Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
BTW, you can use the LABEL= feature, or mount by using /dev/disk/by-label/.... symlink (that is the same method the /dev/disk/by-path/... you seem to use now and the /dev/disk/by-id/... that is openSUSEE's default.

I do not understand why the one method is more "nice and neat" (but that ii of course at least partly personal taste) then the other. All variations on the by-... theme have their advantages and disadvantages and one should contemplate about those before deviating from the openSUSE deafult IMHO. And when you decide for by-label for one or more of them, you then can decide if you think it more "nice and clean" to use the specific fstab feature above the symlink way.
When I read the man page, I misunderstood and obviously became fixated on a different definition then the correct one. How nice it was to have a bunch of people reply so quickly. And with such professionalism and restraint. All I can say is "Well DUH!"

As for neatness, witness how nice it now looks:
Code:
LABEL=suse131-root /                 ext4  noatime,discard,acl,user_xattr                                                      1 1
LABEL=suse131-tmp  /tmp              ext4  acl,user_xattr                                                                      1 2
LABEL=suse131-var  /var              ext4  acl,user_xattr                                                                      1 2
LABEL=suse131-home /home             ext4  acl,user_xattr                                                                      1 2
LABEL=swap          swap             swap  defaults                                                                            0 0
LABEL=EFI          /boot/efi         vfat  umask=0002,utf8=true                                                                0 0
//RT-AC66R/root    /home/bart/router cifs  nofail,credentials=/home/bart/.fstab/.creds,_netdev                                 0 0
//Ls420dc48/share  /home/bart/Server cifs  nofail,credentials=/home/bart/.fstab/.creds,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,rw 0 0
Thanks all!
Bart