Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sometimes Steam runs

Default Re: Sometimes Steam runs

Also double check the KDE video settings.

Configure Desktop- effects -advanced should be GL3.2 and raster

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Also double check the KDE video settings.

Configure Desktop- effects -advanced should be GL3.2 and raster
    Had them on 3.2, 2.x and effects off in my tests
    VERBA VOLANT, SCRIPTA MANENT

Today I changed my GPU from nvidia gt430 to Radeon HD6570 and the problem says the same on KDE.
    Gnome on nvidia worked fine i have yet to test radeon on Gnome

Thumbs up Re: Sometimes Steam runs

Im going to close this because Ive done all the tests and HW swaps I could and found a working scenario.
    Tumbleweed solved the problem, Steam now starts every time on KDE 13.2 64 DVD install. I dont know why, and at this point dont have the skills to look deep into KDE to see why.
    So...

Ill show myself out

Quote Originally Posted by SLK021 View Post
    I always delete all hidden files and folders when doing a install including .Steam and .local/Steam.
    .Steam and .local/Steam contain "steamApps" folder, which contains all your games. If you delete .Steam or .local/Steam your deleting all your downloaded games, which is a waste of time if you're doing a system reinstall because you're obviously gonna have to download all your games again, unless you have their backup saved somewhere else like I do.

I'm also running 13.2 with KDE, but with an AMD card. I too got this error, but that happened only once. When I got it I closed that warning window and rebooted my machine. After that, never got the warning again.

BTW, the only non-free software I have installed is the AMD drivers and Steam. I don't have somecodecs installed as I think they're useless to me, I read the license of them all and if one is non-free (that is, non-GPL/LGPL/MIT/BSD/etc) I don't install them.

I'm looking forward to see what's the cause of this. This is my 1st day here in the forums so I'll look on how to subscribe to this thread.

Regards,
    Junior

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12