Microsoft OneDrive?

Anyone manage to get Microsoft OneDrive to work in OpenSUSE?

Is there a native onedrive client for Linux, afiak there are only clients for windows, osx and android.
you csn connect with a web browser, I wonder if the windows client can run under wine?

There seams to be a python 3 client for Linux, I haven’t tested it.
https://github.com/xybu/onedrive-d

I’ve fairly recently installed it on my openSUSE 13.2 running Xfce.

I think I somehow grabbed an older version because there was no reference for openSUSE in the installation/setup file. I had to replace references to “yum” with “zypper” to make it work. By doing that, it ran through seemingly correctly.

After I got it working and configured it the process started synchronizing to the directory I created (logically called ~/OneDrive ).

Unfortunately it liked popping up a message about each and every file being synchronized… one… at… a… time… It isn’t bad, just annoying.

I also had to manually add “onedrive-d” to the session Startup applications to have it run when I log in, and even then it doesn’t always start up and I end up having to run the command manually.

But my files are showing up and a file I edited in LibreOffice did get synchronized with OneDrive so I can open it up through the browser here and the changes are there.

BTW DropBox client seems to run fine.

Since the app’s home is on Github, you can submit any feature requests, revisions, etc through the Github project’s “Issues” – If you have a very specific idea how you think notifications should be implemented (or disabled), being very specific can help.

Seems to me if you want to simply disable notifications (not modify behavior otherwise), it might be fairly easy to clone the project repo and inspect the daemon code (possibly synchronization code).

TSU

Not sure what happened with my Onedrive sync, but now I have a whole bunch of duplicates of files listed with “(OLDER_”<numbers>) I have been trying to weed out of my systems.

I delete it from Windows systems connected to my OneDrive AND the web site and I still keep getting these files popping up. Usually I notice because the filename with all of the “(OLDER_” nested becomes too long and OneDrive then crashes.

Annoying, but not devistating. Since then I’ve turned off the onedrive-d in Linux and disassociated all of my computers through the browser interface and will see if I can’t get them synchronizing cleanly before trying to include Linux to the mix again.

GTK not working yet, but with cli it seems to be working… :nerd:

Screenshot: http://tinyurl.com/p7ngejm