Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: os13.2 DVD CTRL-C and mark text Bug

Default os13.2 DVD CTRL-C and mark text Bug

Since the update to 13.2 I am experiencing a very annoying bug. CTRL-C only copies when pushed 4-5 times.
    Marking text, then pushing CTRL to copy or overwrite it, unmarks the text and I need to mark it again while pushing CTRL. Very annoying.
    Reducing workflow tremendously.

Before I had my notebook installed via KDE live and did not have that issue.

After the necessary reinstall, caused by an bad kernel package, I reinstalled via netinstall and DVD image. Now I am experiencing the same CTRL-C and marking bug that I have on my workstation.

Anyone experiencing this and knows a solution?

Default Re: os13.2 DVD CTRL-C and mark text Bug

Klipper has many settings I suggest you look and see maybe you need to adjust it.

Also not the Klipper save config in the user ~/.kde4 so other users can have different settings.

In case you did not know klipper the the scissors in the system tray

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Klipper has many settings I suggest you look and see maybe you need to adjust it.

Also not the Klipper save config in the user ~/.kde4 so other users can have different settings.

In case you did not know klipper the the scissors in the system tray

You mean this could be a feature? No it is not.

There is a bug reports commenting on vmware console

http://lists.opensuse.org/archive/op.../msg00909.html

This bug is really freaking annoying. It even lets Libre Office crash when you use middle click to enter marked text and it openes the text import window.

Is this about VMware?? You did not say that. How are we to know unless you tell use the important fact that you are running under VMware.

But in any case Klipper has tons of ways to make it work so a scrambled config file may cause weird things also. The setting allow several different models on how the cut and paste should be invoked.

Not not VMWARE.

It is so annoying.

Yet another system upgraded to 13.2 and there it is CRTL-C freaking me out.

parallel boot 13.1 / 13.2

13.1 fine

reboot into 13.2 CTRL-C sucks

I am not even understanding the issue. On all openSUSE versions with KDE I used until now, when I select a text with the mouse, it is in Klipper (and, as the most recent select, it is "under the middle mouse button"). What does Ctrl-C do then?
    Henk van Velden

If no fixes may be replace Klipper with CopyQ https://github.com/hluk/CopyQ Qt program and 10 times better but there are some entries on issues page for a reason. Getting in to "too many features" territory but after setup of many options it seem stable and not that heavy. Dev. make the package for openSUSE and might be more effective in helping with what ever you do conflicting with normal clipboard handling.

Also it lets you place cursor somewhere, fire a hotkey to open up a windows with clipboard content, you select and content get pasted in. Seems logical and how similar tools work on Windows. Of course KDE/Klipper refuse to do it this way, is the exact opposite. Is main reason I killed Klipper.

I still don't understand the problem I use Klipper all the time and use it with ctrl-c don't see a "problem". Note you can configure thing many ways in the klipper settings. You might try another user and see if what ever the problem is happens for you there. If it does not then maybe a miss configured or corrupt config file in .kde4

Unhappy Re: os13.2 DVD CTRL-C and mark text Bug

Ok now I got it, Same notebook 13.1 and 13.2 share the same home folder, same config folder. 13.1 Klipper working fine 13.2 Klipper buggy Solving that CTRL-C and TEXT-MARKING issue by simply exiting Klipper on 13.2. That means Klipper broken on 13.2 But after exiting KLIPPER now I am having a differen issue. CTRL-SPACE / SUPER-SPACE for change of INPUT METHODE not working anymore.

Or not Klipper Dual 13.1 / 13.2 notebook is still having the CTRL-C issue. Just made the first start of gnome and there is the CTRL-C a problem as well. And after exiting Klipper still the wrong behaviour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast