Unable to add sssd to nsswitch.conf with pam-config in Opensuse 13.1 X64

Hi Everyone.

I’m unable to add sssd functionality via pam-config --add --sss to opensuse 13.1 X64 unless i enter yast and then “Network services” and then “LDAP client” and then Mark “Use LDAP”.
its pretty frustrating since i don’t want YAST to overwrite/change my working sssd.conf segments.

how do i make the sssd changes to /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/pam.d/* with pam-config without this strange workaround in yast?

Is it a bug in opensuse 13.1?

Why don’t you ( as we do with 13.2 ) let Yast do it all then just put your working sssd.conf back

M

Yes that would be a workaround. I can do it through Yast if it’s only a few machines. But I need it to be maintained on hundreds of machines, it’s a bit tedious to go into yast on every single Opensuse Box to enable sssd functionality, i need it to be configured outside Yast to be able script it properly. I guess pam-config --add --sss should work as long as sssd is installed. but it doesn’t… only configuration through yast seems to be able to modify nnswitch.conf and the relevant files inside /etc/pam.d with sssd

kind regards

Tim

Ahh autoyast can do it, didn’t think about that :wink:

kind regards

Tim

We do hundreds of machines as well. We just set one up, mostly with Yast. Fiddle around
a bit, then image it with clonezilla.

M

What authentication methods are currently configured?

pam-config --query --ldap
pamconfig --query --krb5

– lawrence