Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** sound from Realtek ALC269VB - Sound Enhancement on Linux

Post Re: Flat Shallow sound from Realtek ALC269VB - Sound Enhancement on Linux

**** means extremly bad
    Ok the problem with the sound.
    The sound from the headphones is flat and shallow. There is no depth in it. The bandwidth of sound seems to less as compared to that while on windoze

Even if I turn off my dolby home theater effect on windoze, it is still better than on linux.

I'm no sound engineer, how do I explain what type of sound am I getting.
    Next time I'm buying a laptop I will see, if it has got sound enhancement it better be available in linux and that laptop doesnot has realtek codec.

Some people say that realtek intel hda codec is bad / noisy - I don't think so. If it was so, why is it so good on windoze.
    http://www.realtek.com/products/prod...n=4&ProdID=166
    my audio codec alc269vb
    Acer V3-571G - openSUSE Leap 42.2; Windows 10 Pro

Default Re: **** sound from Realtek ALC269VB - Sound Enhancement on Linux

I'm just wondering what you are trying to listen? If you are listening MP3 with 128 kb it will sound bad in any audio chip around the world . Stereo wav 16 bit sounds bad also. Dolby surround that you are using in Windows is making up with you audio. Downsampiling from wery high quality audio to something like 44100 KHz will sound bad or **** like you like to say.
    First you have to determine applications you are using and audio sources that you are using then will see if there anything that could be done.. you should read something like http://r3dux.org/tag/audiophile/ to see which output you are having. Using Pulseaudio or not is not going to solve your problems.. Flat sound is more habit of audio that is highly compressed with low bitrate.
    If you want to have more HIFI output you should use 96 KHz or 192 KHz modes as your sound device allows it even 48 KHz will sound better that 44.1 KHZ (and now you can nuke me). Also used application should make something like S16 to FLOAT32 to S16 conversions..

Post Re: **** sound from Realtek ALC269VB - Sound Enhancement on Linux

I did following changes in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
    Code:
    daemonize = yes
    resample-method = src-sinc-best-quality
    default-sample-format = s24le
    default-sample-rate = 96000
    Other settings are left to be default

ALC269VB has support for 24bit so I choose s24le. I'm still confused about le/re/be
    After making these changes the sound is more acceptable. I've not configured alsa yet. So, next I'm going to do that.

But how do I verify the change in sound output?
    On windoze I updated the realtek drivers and dolby software and the sound output is not same anymore. It has started making out with sound. Literally
    So I've stopped complaining about absence of Dolby Enhancement on Linux.
    Acer V3-571G - openSUSE Leap 42.2; Windows 10 Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12