Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost my Fierefox session

Default Lost my Fierefox session

Upgraded to version 35 of firefox on OpenSuse 13.1, and now Firefox refuses to open or even remember my last session.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Default Re: Lost my Fierefox session

I have openSUSE 13.1 and is has Firefox 34.0.5. I can find no newer one in the Update repo.

MMy conclusion: you have installed it from outside the standard repos. Then please tell where you got it from.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    I have openSUSE 13.1 and is has Firefox 34.0.5. I can find no newer one in the Update repo.

MMy conclusion: you have installed it from outside the standard repos. Then please tell where you got it from.
    I am guessing mozilla:beta repo. I use that one and it has Firefox 35.
    openSUSE Leap (42.1) 64 bit
    Plasma 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by alanbortu View Post
    I am guessing mozilla:beta repo. I use that one and it has Firefox 35.
    Guessing is not a good starting point for helping with computer problems
    Henk van Velden

build.opensuse.org/mozilla

"OpenSuse Build Service - Mozilla" is considered a non-standard repo?

Quote Originally Posted by incognito9 View Post
    build.opensuse.org/mozilla

"OpenSuse Build Service - Mozilla" is considered a non-standard repo?
    Itt is not the "official" 13.2 release. That does not mean that you can not use it, but when having problems it is of course very nice when you at least tell what you use and from where you got it when it deviates from the "standard". Most people here are not clairvoyant.
    Henk van Velden

Itt is not the "official" 13.2 release. That does not mean that you can not use it, but when having problems it is of course very nice when you at least tell what you use and from where you got it when it deviates from the "standard". Most people here are not clairvoyant.
    I am still using opensuse 13.1

going back go version 33.0 from the opensuse updates repository restores the session restore functionality for me.

I hate using an outdated version of a browser. On the other hand I'm the person who always has 16 tabs in 4 windows open.

EDIT: also, the blank tab page that shows your most commonly visited sites does not work on the newer version.
    I'm using noscript.

Sorry for my typo. I wanted to say 13.1, but because there is no difference between the Firefox versions for the two (both are supported openSUSE versions and thus get the same security updates), it does not realy matter. Read 13.1 where I typed 13.2 and all the rest stays the same.

I am a little amazed that you now use a Firefox 33 version from the Update repo. As I mentioned above 34.0.5 is the most recent version in Update. Going to 33.0 is a bit overdone IMHO.

In any case, next time that you do a zypper patch (or YaST Online Update) you will get that one (or a newer).
    Henk van Velden

Sorry for my typo. I wanted to say 13.1, but because there is no difference between the Firefox versions for the two (both are supported openSUSE versions and thus get the same security updates), it does not realy matter. Read 13.1 where I typed 13.2 and all the rest stays the same.

I am a little amazed that you now use a Firefox 33 version from the Update repo. As I mentioned above 34.0.5 is the most recent version in Update. Going to 33.0 is a bit overdone IMHO.

In any case, next time that you do a zypper patch (or YaST Online Update) you will get that one (or a newer).
    You misunderstand. 34.0.5 is also broken and will not remember sessions for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by incognito9 View Post
    You misunderstand. 34.0.5 is also broken and will not remember sessions for me.
    Can you at least show us the output from
    Code:
    rpm -qi MozillaFirefox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast